Fives as Left-Right speakers in a 5.1 setup

cloud_comp

Hi fellow Klipsch lovers,

I have an unusual request. I am looking to buy a pair of Fives for their versatility and great sound and use them as a regular stereo pair for music BUT as well as left-right speakers in a small 5.1 setup (all Klipsch speakers).

Therefore I am planning to connect them to an AV receiver along with the subwoofer, center and rear left-right speakers.

However I can't find any specs around the wattage they are expecting for the RCA inputs.

I believe I should use the pre-amp outputs from the receiver so I can let the Fives handle the amplification stage.

Any thought/recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Roman

Edited by cloud_comp
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, cloud_comp said:

I believe I should use the pre-amp outputs from the receiver so I can let the Fives handle the amplification stage.

If they're self powered speakers, then I think you nailed it here.  You'd send them the line signal, not amplified signal.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 10:09 PM, cloud_comp said:

Hi fellow Klipsch lovers,

I have an unusual request. I am looking to buy a pair of Fives for their versatility and great sound and use them as a regular stereo pair for music BUT as well as left-right speakers in a small 5.1 setup (all Klipsch speakers).

Therefore I am planning to connect them to an AV receiver along with the subwoofer, center and rear left-right speakers.

However I can't find any specs around the wattage they are expecting for the RCA inputs.

Any thought/recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Roman

I'm planning to do the same. I'm a newbie when it comes to setting up home theater systems. I just would like to add few more questions:

1. Is there a way to use the hdmi instead of the rca as a left/right speakers in a 5.1 setup?

2. Using RCA, will the volume levels sync up with the other speakers (connected to the receiver) or it has a separate control as it is?

3. Is it better to conn3ct the sub(powered sub) to the receiver or directly to the Fives? 

Thanks a lot!!