Music to bomb Bagdad by

Colin

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions for best lyrics, but it seems that thread has chugged out of steam. Since we are gearing up for war no matter what (suppose we gave a war and no body came?), I wonder what music we should play over there:

What songs or lyrics should our boys listen to as they sit in those hot tanks?

What songs or lyrics should we play as we bomb Iraq targets?

What songs or lyrics should we blast as we parade through their streets?

And other important issues, for example:

Best songs to educate Iraq women: Like a Virgin (Madonna) or I Touch Myself

Popular song for Iraqis to hum as they go shopping: How Bizarre!

Saddams favorite song: I am a Dancing Queen (Abba)

Saddams favorite excuse: Oops, I did it again (Brittany Spears)

Best song to fly a squadron of attack choppers in low over the dessert: Ride of The Valkyries, Richard Wagner's second opera, made infamous in Francis Ford Coppolas Apocalypse Now movie

Best song to listen to while unloading aerial ordinance: La Bamba (Ritchie Valens)

Best lyrics to infuriate radical conservative Islamic fundamentalists: Imagine there's no countries, It isn't hard to do, Nothing to kill or die for, And no religion too, Imagine all the people- Living life in peace (John Lennon)

The Bush administration should keep these lyrics in mind: Words as weapons - Sharper than knives (INXS)

Public reaction to politicians rhetoric: when their eloquence escapes me, their logic ties me up and rapes me (Sting and the Police)

Theres something happening here

What it is aint exactly clear

Theres a man with a gun over there

Telling me I got to beware

I think its time we stop, children, whats that sound......

Everybody look whats going down

Theres battle lines being drawn

Nobodys right if everybodys wrong

Young people speaking their minds

Getting so much resistance from behind

I think its time we stop, hey, whats that sound.....

What a field-day for the heat

A thousand people in the street

Singing songs and carrying signs

Mostly say, hooray for our side

Its time we stop, hey, whats that sound

Paranoia strikes deep

Into your life it will creep

It starts when youre always afraid

You step out of line, the man come and take you away....

We better stop, hey, whats that sound

Stop, hey, whats that sound

Stop, now, whats that sound

Stop, children, whats that sound

Everybody look whats going

----------------

On 11/26/2002 1:41:02 PM BBB wrote:

Ooooooooooo boy. Here we go. This one might end up in the Trouble Shooting forum.

----------------

Actually, I think this might end up in the "Troubled" forum. 3.gif

It's very simple.

Saddam knows we are coming in specifically for him. If he has the weapons the Bush Administration says he has -- he will use them. He no longer has any incentive not to. As far as I'm concerned -- if these weapons are not utilized -- then we know the Bush Administration lied.

This whole thing is about gaining control of desert oil. The ultimate cost to Americans will be in the form of body bags.

It will be especially interesting to see if Bush can pull this off without pulling in the surrounding Muslim Nations, who historically -- will put away tribal disputes and divisions -- for the purpose of uniting against a foreign aggressor.

This is a very bad idea.

The real irony here is that Bin Laden's true aim with 911 -- was specifically for this very purpose. He KNEW we would respond the way we did, and was hoping for all Muslim's to unite together against "The Great Satan". So now, Bush will do for Bin Laden, what Bin Laden could not do for himself with 911.

You can trust me on this. The surrounding Muslim Nations will not just sit on their hands this time around.

The entire situation is fubar. Somehow I would have thought that our government would have gotten the hint on 9/11. Apparently not. I had hoped that somewhere along the past few years the US would have extended an olive branch and worked with the Iraq to let by gones be by gones and work towards peace and better relations.

Actually, it's not FUBAR, but SNAFU. The lack of any real Middle Eastern Foreign Policy for the last 25 years has brought us to this point. Any policy that fails to effectively deal with Israel's human rights violations, the confiscation of Palestinian land, the failure to address Israel's continued refusal to comply with U.N. Resolutions mandating their return to the pre-1967 borders, and the absence of any leadership in establishing a Palestinian State -- is really no policy at all.

I can't help but feel that the extreme actions taken on the part of some Arabs/Muslims are largely due in part from a general feeling of hopelessness and despair. Because of this, their thinking has become convoluted and distorted, and so now the behavior follows the thinking.

If Israel wants to have an Aparteid State -- fine. They certainly have the right to exist as they please. However, this should not prevent the world from recognizing the rights of Palestinians, who inhabited that land long before 1947. Palestinians also deserve to live within secure borders, to live as they please -- without having to worry about someone bulldozing their homes and schools.

• Like 1

I don't want to spend the rest of my life

Looking at the barrel of an Armalite

I don't want to spend the rest of my days

Keeping out of trouble like the soldiers say

I don't want to spend my time in Hell

Looking at the walls of a prison cell

I don't ever want to play the part

Of a statistic on a government chart

There has to be an invisible sun

It gives its heat to everyone

There has to be an invisible sun

That gives us Hope when the whole day's done

Invisible Sun

The Police

The entire situation is fubar. Somehow I would have thought that our government would have gotten the hint on 9/11. Apparently not. I had hoped that somewhere along the past few years the US would have extended an olive branch and worked with the Iraq to let by gones be by gones and work towards peace and better relations.

--------------------------------------------------

Uhhhh, **** no, he LOST the war and has had OVER TEN YEARS to comply with the conditions we dictated to him to stop the bombing by us. If he doesn't like that, too bad, he LOST and when you LOOSE a war, you comply with the country that kicked your @ss or they will kick your @ss again, as we are about to do. Sorry man, he has had WAY TOO MANY chaces to comply, but he keeps playing with the rest of the world. I have well over 50 years left in my life and I am not going to live them in fear of being blown up in my home. I want Saddam DEAD and all of his supporters (NOT people that support him to save themselves, they will be fine once Saddam is out of power) DEAD too. Then I want Iraq to be able to have a real government and have a happy future. Do you think we should have helped out Hitler kill the Jews also? 7.gif And no, don't start on that whole "that's different" thing, they are both evil men and need to die.

Anyway, any hard rock is good war music. A phat beat is good.

Read Editiorial by Zuckerman on the last page in U.S. News and World report Novenber 11, 2002 to understand what radical Isalm wants to do the "West".

Al Queda Suleiman Abu Ghaith, "the entire Earth must be subject to the rule of Allah...even if it cost the beleiver his soul, his time, his property and his son."

"America is the head of heresey where there is separation of chuch and state that contradict the ways of Allah." You do not make converts or negotiate with Holy Warriors.

Separation of church and state inherent in the constitution is necessary to insure the longevity of the Republic.

Radical Islam started the Holy War against the west 2 decades ago in Tehran. They have been brainwashing their constituency ever since. Setember 11 was a good wake up call for me.

Iraq makes perfect sense. Typical real estate priority...location , location, location; and oil to boot.

TUNE

Clash "Rock the Casbah"

Kumbaya for the complacent head in the sand pacifist ostriches. They Still think like Carter and Slick Willy that if you do nothing everything will be fine and dandy. Some idiots never learn and never will even if a terrorist blows up their Klipsch. LOL The pacificism practiced by these idiots only got us bombed in the first place. Slick Clinton turned down Sudan handing over Bin Laden to US 4 times in the 90s because he didn't want to ruffle feathers. Rat Boy and Flynn have it right. If we sit back these evil Muslims will only take advantage of it and kill more of US.

Like the dogs they are they only understand force.

And they love camels more than women. See Here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1809599.stm

The United Arab Emirates has held its first national beauty contest for camels with a prize fond of about $27,000 and various trophies for winners.

"The aim is to mark the respect and love the UAE have for the camel," member of the UAE's National Federal Council Faraj bin Hamouda told the Khaleej Times newspaper.

----------------

On 11/26/2002 7:49:22 PM forresthump2 wrote:

Kumbaya for the complacent head in the sand pacifist ostriches.

----------------

Dude, I am not a pacifist ostriches as you would say. I just feel that hate breads hate, evil breads evil. In his last statement, osama said it himself, leave us alone.

"osama said it himself, leave us alone"

His propaganda works? Bummer. Is he going home to Saudi Arabia to raise goats? Talk show host for Al Jezeera? Polish jack boots for Sadam as a second carreer.

He is planning to kill more U.S. Citizens!

Did he recant the premise and apologize for 9/11?

Remember the premise of Al Queda...

"ISLAM rules the world and controls all governments"

Leave them alone and they gain strength.

Did pacifying Hitler work in 1938?

" In his last statement, osama said it himself, leave us alone."

So now you dumb *** ******* are leting Osama tell you how to think. LOL Yeah Leave us alone so we can kill you.

You morons say the same thing like DeAngus every time. Before The Gulf War, before Afghanistan. And you wrong every time and end up eating crow. Think for once. Doing this gradual minor thing of taking out Saddam will save many moderate Muslims in the end besides our own people. Because once a terrorist gets ahold of a nuke it'll be a whole country or all the Muslims that'll be vaporized by us in retaliation. We help them as much as we help us.

I pity the fools who can't see things have changed. Can't see the trees through the forrest. Idiots that think 9-11 was just another action movie. You are at least a good front for those who run things and really know what they are doing. Keep up the good front work clowns. LOL