Whiter Shade of Pale

Coytee

• 3 months later...

I love that song. I was sitting at my computer, I had to go play the original 1967 version. Lots of distortion on my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 during the loud organ solo. It seemed like the tweeters/mids were being overdriven in some frequency. I need to go play the same stuff on my Heresy speakers and see how it does. The distortion might be in the recording. Last time I heard this was probably on a 6"x9" car speaker. Edit - The Heresy's sound a lot better, no surprise, but there is a lot of distortion in the organ. It was certainly meant to be there but it confuses the small Prologic speakers, the Heresy speakers just reproduce it without any trouble.

I have the original lp of that... I'll have to get it out and play it tomortow while the wife is at work.

The lp has passed through a couple of owners, so it may have been abused a lot. Still  hard to resist such a wonderful song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Cast it to a smart TV through WiFi.

Seems someone in this conversation (erroneously) thinks that I'm living in a technologically advanced household....

This is where one goes to escape their rat-race.  You come here to slow down....  walk in the woods, see the deer in your yard, go fishing....  peace & quiet and unwind. 

I'll be moving up the technological ladder when I get moved into a nursing home. For most people the nursing home is a slowdown.....for me it's an advancement.

• Haha 3

On 12/28/2020 at 6:59 PM, Area 51 said:

Unfortunately, Whiter Shade of Pale is not included but anyone who appreciates Procol Harum should check out one of the best live albums ever recorded:

"Procol Harum Live With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra".  

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know it existed....  just ordered it.

• Like 1

Coytee - I hope you'll enjoy Procol Harum as much as I do. The LP version has a terrific cover which doesn't translate real well to the smaller CD package. You didn't indicate which version you just ordered but they're all good. I think you'll enjoy it - even if you get the 8 track!