Amusing ad for pair of CH II's

ThomasD.

4 hours ago, ThomasD. said:

After texting the seller and kindly correcting his mistake, though he hasn't changed the ad at all, I did offer $800 since he's 'snow birding' out of state this monday.  Hasn't gotten back to me yet.

the price is already very low  ,  these are selling for 1500$ and more   easy on the Continent -----I would grab them at 1k$ - 

4 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

my guess is @ThomasD.  picked up a really nice pair of Chorus 2 -

I tried.  Currently working 150 miles south of Fairbanks until this weekend.  Told the seller if they are still available Saturday that we would work out a deal.  He said he's the original owner but couldn't remember exactly when he bought the 2 pairs of Chorus II's he initially had.  Says he sold the other pair a few years ago for $1K also.  Kinda Funny that he claims to be the original purchaser/owner of 2 pairs but didn't know what they were?!  Anyway,  I told him they were manufactured in '92. Long story short, sold to someone else setting up a recording studio.  Swing & a miss.

22 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

ooooops , I thought you had gotten these -

Close but couldn't get back into town soon enough to make the deal.  I scour the ads for all of Alaska and sometimes can make the connection, sometimes not.  Just tried to snag a pair of Polk 7c's down in Anchorage but the seller is adamant that I don't understand how 'Horse Trading' works because I offered to immediately pay full asking price, sight unseen, if he could accept an online payment source and hold onto them until I made it down there.  He said he won't sell to anyone that doesn't come look first and has relisted at double the price!  People are all different.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 8:08 PM, ThomasD. said:

@RandyH000  Guess I didn't realize that.  Was looking at the Heritage sales history sheet and thought they were only averaging in the mid to high $700's. 

The heritage sales history sheet is WAY out of date. The last year or so  has seen prices go through the roof and prices from five years ago have absolutely no bearing on what is going on today.

• Like 1