Best Klipsch Bookshelf Speakers?

4 minutes ago, 4JaxJags said:

RB-5 is almost as good as the RB-75 & easier to find used. 

I agree with the latter, but I own both and  imo for a front soundstage the RB-75 is considerably better. The larger Compression Driver for the horn was designed for it to keep up with the RC-7/RF-7 series.

Edited by Zen Traveler
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 12:49 AM, 450 said:

I'd like to keep this under $1500. Less is better obviously! But if I need to I can change the budget.

No real size req as I will use stands. Current speakers are Magnepan MG1.6qr.

Amp does 500 wpc at 4 ohms. Probably 300 wpc at 8 ohms.

I haven't found a P-17B recently and at that price I'd want an audition first - not really possible in this climate!

Just getting opinions right now, not like I can do a bunch of auditions now.

Regarding the RB35 vs RB75, is the main difference the tweeter and crossover components? The woofer seems the same on both. Can I buy the RB35 then buy 1.75" tweeters? Or is the horn a different material/size as well?

Brand new or used doesn't really matter. I have a preference for 8" woofers since I've always found subwoofer integration to be challenging, especially in an apartment.

I liked the RF7 II and III, and would have no problem buying them, except I think its a bit too much speaker for a smallish apartment. That's why I was hunting for the RB75. 

Thanks for the replies!

I have a pair of P17b if you're close to Indy and want to hear them. They actually sound better than I thought they would, especially with the matching sub. Gorgeous speakers....

image0-3.jpeg

• Like 2

I had a pair of RB75 ages ago.  

Ran them on a Scott 299C with NOS RCA 7591A.  I couldn't get into them.  I had Klipschorns at the time too.  But also nearfield studio monitors.  I think maybe they weren't a great match with the Scott - tried all kinds of positioning adjustments and just couldn't engage with them.  I didn't have the same issue with inexpensive nearfield studio monitors.  They were on cheap stands, so maybe that was the issue...

I either bought them from or sold them to jt1stcav.  Man, that was a long time ago.