New! Klipschorn AK6 order

nivek311

I ordered my first Heritage series pair of Klipsch's and went with the flagships. The wait is both the hardest part and most fun. I'm a little discouraged by how long it's taking to process everything, though. Order date was July 27. The Klipsch rep said they would be done with production by middle to 3rd week in August and could expect shipment at the end of the month. It's now September 25 and still no clear word from Klipsch on when they'll even be done with production, let alone a shipping and arrival date. 

For the owners that have waited on their custom build, is the wait time usually this long?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am sure that the factory is like our company in these times. One person complains of illness and they report who they came in close contact with (xx feet for us) for more than XX time and all go home. I spent 24 days due to people reporting close contact and I never tested positive. We are down 12 out of 74 people and that takes a hit on production. Yes, would be nice to have continual updates on production but it may be that those folks are out.

Never fear, the will come and you will enjoy. Meanwhile sit in the listening position with a beverage of choice, close eyes, imagine, run over and fix that stay wire you saw, back to couch. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

tell you what , you can  cancel your order , call a klipsch dealer that has inventory on hand and stop waiting forever -or buy a used pair from this forum or EBAY -

yep, but I wasn't gonna say that to take away from Hope. If the OP wants to find KHorns in stock and ready to ship he will let us know.

51 minutes ago, richieb said:

Many products from home improvement, appliances, audio, furnishings that are not current inventory have been delayed for COVID. 
We just ordered a sofa and recliner in a fabric not in stock - 3 month delivery. 

This city, town, burg  of .4 million has ONE 30" electric cooktop in stock

• Moderators
3 hours ago, nivek311 said:

For the owners that have waited on their custom build, is the wait time usually this long?

Yes it's normal unless they have a pair built already. They don't have a stock but I think they make orders and a couple extras. It is slow but there is alot that goes into a pair of those, and there in no rush to get it right. The woodworking on those alone are enough to make me feel sick thinking about it, I have seen them in different stages of being built and wouldn't want to have anything to do with it.

I built my own MWM bass bins but that is NOTHING compared to a pair of Khorns, pretty amazing design really that has help up over time.  I think it's the oldest speaker still in production today.

Congratulations nice choice, even if your 15 years old now they will outlast you, quality design and build.

• Like 2

Thank you for all of your thoughts and feedback — the challenge is being patient especially with the impact of Covid on manufacturing. 

@Schu I went back and forth a bunch on finishes and finally landed on the Satin Black Ash. It will match my other components and speakers and I just love how they look with the silver mesh grills. 

Can't wait to get started on breaking them in. I will share photos when they arrive. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, nivek311 said:

the silver mesh grills

The silver grills really make the black more than just a black speaker.  If black speakers were my only option, I would go with a silver or white grill.  Nice choice and I under stand the patience issue, but being in this boat before covid, I have more patience today than I ever did.  Please share photos once you receive them.  Maybe one of our connections can reach to someone at the Klipsch factory and get and update?

• Like 1

@dwilawyer I do have a room all set up and reserved with corners wide open. It's probably a room that is right on the cusp of being too small, but I'm going to see how well they fair. I currently have a Denon AVR X4200W amplifier that will be powering them because they will be part of a 7.1 home theater set up, but may resort to a different power setup depending on how listening sessions go. 

Just got word that they have arrived at the dealer. They're working on delivering them via truck sometime early next week. Photos coming soon... 

• Like 1