WTB: RB-75 bookshelf speakers

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

... I have a pair of RF-5's I'm going to be listing for sale I can sell them stock or hot-rodded with RC-7 parts 

What exactly does "hot-rodded with RC-7 parts" mean? Fwiw, I have 2 pairs of  RB-75s and 1 pair of RB-5s. I also purchased a pair of RB-75 crossovers that I've done nothing with but was planning on seeing what Dean could do with them but then lost interest.

21 minutes ago, ZenAgain said:

What exactly does "hot-rodded with RC-7 parts" mean? 

Well the RF-5's use the same woofers and tweeter horn as the RC-7 just in a larger cabinet and with a smaller 1" 4 ohm tweeter driver. What I have done is replace the tweeter driver with the larger 1.75" 8 ohm driver that comes stock in the RC-7 & RF-7's and swapped out crossovers from RC-7's into the 5's basically making them large RC-7's. Sound is nearly identical to a pair of RC-7's in stereo just with noticeably deeper bass extension. The mod turns an already great speaker into a fantastic one. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I’m in Florida (sorry), and I have a perfect pair of Cherry RB-75’s that have high- end crossover capacitor upgrades. I also have a nice pair of matching cherry stands. I haven’t thought through the price yet, but you could always shoot me a price and try to talk me into parting with them. I’d ship via separating speakers from cabinets for upmost safety.

• Like 1