Setting my lpf to lfe on receiver and my lowpass on subwoofer the correct way?

JoeJoeThe3rd

I have the sw112 klipsch subwoofer for now, waiting to get my captivator 4000ulf lp. But until then how do I set up my settings for the klipsch subwoofer? I just want to be sure but I did some research, so I set the lpf to lfe bullcrap to 120 then I turned the lowpass on the back of my sub to the highest setting which is 150Hz I believe. Is this a good way to do it or the correct way to do it?? Thanks 🙏! Running it with my rf7iii and rc64iii and have those crossovers set to 80hz. Thanks guys. 

On 9/26/2020 at 7:31 PM, JoeJoeThe3rd said:

In laymen’s terms please. I’m guessing to match my speakers your saying? What’s the benefit s of doing this? Won’t I be missing out on some bass tho?

Use the crossover in the receiver and turn the low pass filter all the way up on the sub to basically disable it.  You don't want 2 crossovers doing the same thing at the same frequency.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2020 at 1:31 PM, Khornukopia said:

I would set the LPF at 80hz in the receiver to match your HPF at 80hz.

Being a Newb as i am, i'm a bit confused with setting LPF at 80hz at the reveiver and not 120hz at which seems to be the most recommended.

Edited by dman70

2 hours ago, dman70 said:

Being a Newb as i am, i'm a bit confused with setting LPF at 80hz at the reveiver and not 120hz at which seems to be the most recommended.

Use the receiver to set your desired crossover point and turn the crossover all the way up on the sub to basically disable it.

• Like 1