ID for 90's sub woofer

Gary D

4 hours ago, Gary D said:

Thank you.  Very helpful.  We lost our home and all contents in the wildfire, so I'm using photos to identify components for insurance.  Of course, there will be heavy depreciation.  :(

sorry to hear about your home & situation. didnt realize you only had pics.  

i just went through a pretty large home damage claim due to a hurricane we had... in iowa!   the adjuster should take your word along with pics you may have for most items, if you knew it was a 12" or 15" & a name brand like that they usually will cover something in the same price range to replace today. 

as for depreciation, most insurance companies deduct that from the items replacement cost value (RCV) to get an actual cost value (ACV), but then they refund the depreciation when you show them a receipt or invoice showing it was replaced. same for large repairs like roofs or siding etc, they deduct based on age & condition but you get that back once the work is complete.  check into how RCV & ACV & depreciation works with your company. 

best of luck rebuilding

Thanks for the help.  One more unidentified speaker remains for my claim.  I had KLF20's for L/R speakers and SS-1's for rear surround speakers.   What would my center speaker have been?   It was maybe about 26" Wide and maybe 13" tall.    I did love my speakers! 

On 9/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, Gary D said:

Thank you.  Very helpful.  We lost our home and all contents in the wildfire, so I'm using photos to identify components for insurance.  Of course, there will be heavy depreciation.  :(

Please  report what you paid for the item and you are entitled to  a replacement ------

On 10/2/2020 at 4:26 PM, RandyH000 said:

Please  report what you paid for the item and you are entitled to  a replacement ------

I don't remember, too long ago.  And insurance pays based upon the cost of replacement of like kind.  So I need to find equivalent Klipsch (or other) speaker system.  Maybe you could recommend a Klipsch system that would be closely equivalent to my system of 5.1 speakers & subwoofer?

Thanks for the help.  One more unidentified speaker remains for my claim.  I had KLF20's for L/R speakers and SS-1's for rear surround speakers.   What would my center speaker have been?   It was maybe about 26" Wide and maybe 13" tall.    I did love my speakers! 

9 hours ago, Gary D said:

I would say the KLF - C7   ------------Measurements are 27.19 inches wide , and 11 inches tall , that's close enough - the value was 700$ -

https://www.klipsch.ca/products/klf-c7

KLF-C7

• 2 weeks later...

You have been most helpful.   Unfortunately, I have no recollection of what I paid for my system. 

I'd like to wrap this up and file my insurance claim.

What would be the most equivalent replacement set for the KLF20's + KLF-C7 + SS-1's ?

Edited by Gary D
add info
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gary D said:

You have been most helpful.   Unfortunately, I have no recollection of what I paid for my system. 

I'd like to wrap this up and file my insurance claim.

What would be the most equivalent replacement set for the KLF20's + KLF-C7 + SS-1's ?

Welcome to the forum!

Will leave it to my learned fellow members to answer.

Thanks!