Eliptrac 400 for sale

lar418

Selling a pair of Eliptrac 400 horns, with our without the enclosure.  I have three sets of adapters that I will include.  1” to 2” plastic, 1” to 2” in aluminum and 1-1/4” to 2” in aluminum.

Asking $400 plus shipping.

Also selling a pair of Faital HF144 in great condition.

Asking $325 plus shipping.

Thanks, Larry

04883EF6-B9CA-49CC-BC9F-04B0A56C5680.jpeg

A15317D2-1E93-494A-AA12-10DD6AA59562.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pioneerhip said:

Do you have the measurements for the 400s?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Eliptrac horn is 19-1/2” wide x 9-1/2” high x 11” deep

add 5” to depth for driver and adapter.

My enclosure is 21-1/2” wide x 11” high x 19” deep

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 9:20 PM, Fayfay said:

It's very pretty. How do you compare the sound from these with the sound from k400 or k401 using the same drivers?

Comparing the K55M/K401 combo to the K55M/Eliptrac combo, the Eliptrac is more open, smoother and forward sounding.  Vocals are more compressed through the K401 and there is an ease of presentation with the Eliptrac.  Everything just sounds more natural.  I noticed and measured about a 1 db. increase in output with the Eliptrac, possibly because of the shorter horn length.

The Faital HF144/Eliptrac combo is even smoother and fuller sounding.  I used it as a 2-way without the Klipsch tweeter.

I liked the sound of the HF144/Eliptrac combo the best, but didn't like the look of the horn boxes I made sitting on my La Scala's.

I considered cutting the Eliptrac 400's into the motor board, but didn't want to molest the La Scala's that much.

I like the stock look of the speaker, so I switched to the K55M/Fastrac combo and it was a slight compromise in sound, but still better than the K401.

Presently my 1994 Lascala's have the stock K33E woofer, K55M/Fastrac combo, Crites CT110 tweeter and slightly modified AL-3 crossover.  Mostly stock with some enhancements. 

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 10:43 PM, Fayfay said:

Thank you, lar418. When used HF144/Eliptrac combo as a 2-way, what was the crossover point - I assume the woofer is K33?

Yes, they were used with K33E woofers in my La Scala's and I crossed these over at approximately 400 Hz.

I used the woofer portion of the AL-3 crossover and a slightly modified version of the AL-3 squawker portion.

The AL-3 squawker portion is not a true bandpass and is designed to let the K55M roll off naturally, therefore it allows the HF144 to extend to it's 18K limit.

The stock tweeter was also disconnected from the crossover.