tenth aniversary

Marvel

55 minutes ago, Marvel said:

They aren't very old...

We had a toaster that was.  Then it shorted out and blew the ac plug connection on the three burner electric drop in range from the before times.  A sad day.  Later, the landlord we had known for decades decided to sell to a stupid management company, and they ripped out all of the charm of the WWII 8 unit 2 story walk up, and wanted to more than double our rent.  A much sadder day.  It was a perfect little 150 sq ft pad.  No way we were going to deal with those guys so we bailed.  

• 2 weeks later...

@Marvel --- I'm late to this party Bruce; but wanted you to know that I'm glad that you have someone to share life with and I hope that things are really great.

I've been giving my Taylor a good workout daily ... actually it's the only guitar that is readily available -- the others are in a closet that is inaccessible at the moment. But, I'm considering buying a Variax because they look like a lot of fun.  Problem is that I'd have to buy another amp because my VOX is in storage and no way that I'm willing to dig through that mess to find it. 

Peace to you.

On 9/25/2020 at 9:19 PM, Marvel said:

Silly, I know... first wife passed away from malignant melanoma. Second wife is a wonderful Filipina. We are celebrating our 10th anniversary. Enjoying  weekend away in a cheap motel and having fun. It doesn't matter much what goes right or wrong, we are together. Blessings to all!

Does the bed have a coin operated shaker..... that's the real sign of a cheapass motel.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Marvel said:

No, but it was called the 'Notel Motel'

If they knew you two were married thay may have not let you stay there.

Been in similar, they worked.

3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Does the bed have a coin operated shaker..... that's the real sign of a cheapass motel.

Had one in a hotel in Vegas many years ago, and it was a pretty nice place, but back then they were a little more popular.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Thought you might have been talking about Col. E.H. Taylor at first.

I love Taylor guitars and I love Colonel E. H. Taylor Bourbon. Come to think of it, when my brother was at the hospital getting several tests ... there was a very attractive doctor lady and her name was Taylor.  Something good in that name I guess. 

41 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I love Taylor guitars and I love Colonel E. H. Taylor Bourbon. Come to think of it, when my brother was at the hospital getting several tests ... there was a very attractive doctor lady and her name was Taylor.  Something good in that name I guess. 

Flowers and Chocolate do wonders with Female Doctors ----

@BigStewMan  Steve,

I'm so glad you are ok. my friend. Really hope you've been staying safe. Hope you could get east sometime to visit. Had an acquaintance who is a guitar tech, in town for a week or so. He did a temp fix on my 812C... enough that I won't worry about damaging it until I can get it in the shop. He just got a job at bourgeois guitars:

https://bourgeoisguitars.net/

He's pretty excited about it. Beautiful guitars. I've been drooling over the new Taylor Grand Pacifics, like a 717...

Would love to have one. I've always liked the round shoulder dreadnought size. Trying to play a lot more... staying home to stay safe.

Taylor-BE-717-NAT-v-class-fr-2019.png

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 6:52 PM, Marvel said:

@BigStewMan  Steve,

I'm so glad you are ok. my friend. Really hope you've been staying safe. Hope you could get east sometime to visit. Had an acquaintance who is a guitar tech, in town for a week or so. He did a temp fix on my 812C... enough that I won't worry about damaging it until I can get it in the shop. He just got a job at bourgeois guitars:

https://bourgeoisguitars.net/

He's pretty excited about it. Beautiful guitars. I've been drooling over the new Taylor Grand Pacifics, like a 717...

Would love to have one. I've always liked the round shoulder dreadnought size. Trying to play a lot more... staying home to stay safe.

Taylor-BE-717-NAT-v-class-fr-2019.png

Thanks Bruce -- so far, so good as far as health goes. Breathing is acting up which isn't fun -- I've got a feeling that it's this constant damp environment and mold grows before your very eyes around here. 

Ive been playing more myself as well -- my Taylor is rarely more than an arm's reach. As you know, I LOVE Taylor guitars. 

There were some nice looking ones at Bourgeois.

I need to take my Brian May Rhapsody Acoustic to a shop. Described the problem to a professional repair guy and he said it sounds like the humidity up here is the culprit. He said he gets a lot of business due to humidity's affect on the wood. I'll bet your 812 is a dream to play -- they are nice ones.

Stay well Buddy. 

• Like 1