polishing a turd - LOL

Matthews

17 hours ago, Matthews said:

made some tri-grills for the beaters.  Won't fully restore them till Winter.

Looking OK for disguising a turd - 🤪

...the cane does weird things to the camera

No description available.

thumbnail.jpg

I wish I had them over at my place... Turn them into magnificent 'beat boxes'!

Here in Europe, a 'turd' like that is worth a lot of money...

image.thumb.png.00cc9c5f79643e6fe1113bedff3ea342.png

2 hours ago, ricktate said:

Mathews.....Always loved the Belle look on Scalas. How you been have not seen you on much ...but I dont get on here as much as I use to eithier.

Hey Rick :)
Been well, thanks Buddy!  Took a few years away from the LS restoration scene to build my Hot Rod.  I am back baby!!!  LOL  -  Picked up a couple pairs of LS for great deal.  One pair I traded my RF-7's for.  That pair already sold to a VERY happy buyer and new forum member @RandyR.   The other pair, pictured above are slated for full restoration and keepers.  Had to drive a couple hours but got a great deal on them.  Won't start restoration till Hot Rod season is over.  Fancy assed La Bella's soon around the corner... 🤪

19 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

if your speakers are beaters , that what do you call these ?

V0RLmrb.jpg

Randy, 'em really don't look too bad.  I have seen and had MUCH MUCH worse!  Just ask @MookieStl, think he got the very worst pair i had ever seen, saved out of a frat house.   All ya got to do is GET BUSY !!! LOL

• Like 2

post-60988-0-80620000-1446506325_thumb.jpg

That was the only pair that scared ya! I don't mind bondo and duratex. You go for the beautiful wood stain. Both have their place. As i have said before: 'You do purdy"! 

I already had beautiful Belles in my living room. These became road warriors. They ride again next weekend. This time with a twist. I'll clue you in if it all works out. @codewritinfool assures me that it will.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

You know, in the hot-rodding world there is the recently popular trend known as the "rat rod". Should there be a similar trend in loudspeakers, the "turdspeaker"?

i absolutely LOVE it !!! 

YES!  the 'turdspeaker'.  I gotz a pair of 'em 🤪