Need Black Grill Cloth

Jeff, this is all "virgin" cloth still on the roll. Initially, I was planning on redoing the Klipschorns in black because the Cornwall I's were in black. But when I sold the CW I's for a pair of older II's which were in brown, I scrapped the idea and got brown cloth from Klipsch. Hence, the untouched black. Of course you're welcome to help yourself to whatever you need from that stock.

The Heresies, believe it or not, are a bit harder to re-cloth. The cloth was glued down to the cardboard cutout and needs to be removed in its entirety before applying the new cloth. I used a vinegar and water solution (sponged on) to break the glue bond and then carefully peeled it off. I let it dry, then applied the new cloth with a hot glue gun. Kind of a pain in the butt but it worked.

Cut-Throat is working on re-grilling his Belles. That is a job in itself as well. The whole HF/LF sections need to be taken down to get at the screws holding the four LF grill panels on. If the cloth is bad though (worn or stained), it is worth the effort. IMHO, the brown cloth looks fabulous with walnut, oak or mahoghany (better than the black).

Chris,

Thanks!!

I am out of town right now, but I just need enough to re-do a set of Heresy's. I will measure when I get home. please drop me an email.

Chris

I've got tons ... Tell me how much you need and I'll clip it and send it along. Just pay the shipping.

It's Thanksgiving and I'm in the "giving" mood. Random acts of kindness.

Got any NOS? :)

For those who need to know...

I had e-mailed Wendell Fabrics about their speaker grill fabric (this before Chris gratefully offered his grill cloth-which by the way, I sill need to grab some from you) and they sent me a sample of their DN4912-21 in black. It is close, but not an exact match of the fabric on my 1994 Klipschorns-the weve is not as pronounced on the Wendell but from 3 ft away you probably would have to look really close to see the difference.

They have a two yard minimum @ a cost of $15.75 a yard so it might be a viable alternative is the Klipsch cloth is not available.

Jeff

• 4 years later...

Hi Chris. I saw your post were you may have some black cloth that match the heresies. I just got thru sanding and painting six heresies. If you have any of this vintage cloth I would love to buy some. Please let me know if this is possible. They came out really good and the new cloth would make them as new.