Mars is opposed to Earth.

DizRotus

According to the BBC, Earth and Mars are in opposition for the next several days.  At 4:00 AM Eastern, Mars is at 12 o'clock as I look south.  There's no mistaking the Red Planet

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-54483853

Who among us would sign up for a mission to Mars?  Eight months to get there, and eight more to return, if return is possible. How will the explorers be fed for at least two years?  Clearly they plan to grow food while travelling and while on Mars.  Do you think this will happen within the decade?  Whatever your answers, I encourage you to look up to see Mars while the opposition exists.

Well Eon is working on getting there. His brother has been working on a food supply system that seems like it will work. I forget what his brother calls it but it looks promising for earth also. With battery day the other day the big 3 are dead they just dont know it. 

Kind of like when Elon and Kimbal went to yellow pages office to help them get online in the 90s i think. The guy there threw down a yellow pages and said. '' your going to replace this???'' Kimbal told the guy your already dead you just dont know it.    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=elons+musks+brother&docid=608043468125964614&mid=BA0AF332710D2C69775BBA0AF332710D2C69775B&view=detail&FORM=VIRE   

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Ummmm.  No.

Thought not.

I agree that committing to such a trip seems insane, but there are people eager to sign up.

Irrespective of opinions regarding a mission to Mars, get outside to observe the Red Planet while it is close during opposition.

• Like 1

Just now, DizRotus said:

Thought not.

I agree that committing to such a trip seems insane, but there are people eager to sign up.

Irrespective of opinions regarding a mission to Mars, get outside to observe the Red Planet while it is close during opposition.

We saw it last night.

On 9/27/2020 at 3:50 AM, DizRotus said:

Who among us would sign up for a mission to Mars?

Bad idea actually.  Current technology doesn't permit shielding against ionizing radiation that earth's atmosphere/magnetic field provide free of charge.  Ever thought of spending 6 years being irradiated?  Camping out on hunting trip to eat the local wildlife in the Exclusion Zone at Chernobyl is a much better idea than going to Mars personally, actually. You come back with brittle bones, leukemia and lens cataracts within 5 years (or less), as well as a host of other "goodies". 

Better to send the drones and then watch it on TV. It's about 100x more cost effective, too...nobody dies from being par-cooked.

Chris

• Like 1

In the Netflix series "Away", the ships walls were filled with water, the idea being it would shield those inside from the cosmic rays.  From what I just gleaned off of google, a trip to Mars would take about 9 months.   That's a long time to be spam in a can. 🤔