RF-7 I vs RP-8000F home theater front

paulgyro

Greetings all!  I have an opportunity to buy a used front end (LCR) of either the RF-7 and RP-8000F.  The RP is a little bit more expensive but not enough to make a big difference. 

How does the origina

vv 3 s10l RF-7 stack up against the newer RP-8000F? 

I've read glowing reviews of the RP-8000F but can find none for the RF-7 I.

Any guidance is welcome! 

Edited by paulgyro

9 hours ago, paulgyro said:

I've read glowing reviews of the RP-8000F but can find none for the RF-7 I.

Really good pro reviews of the RP-8000Fs out there as well as user reviews.  Klipsch appears to have made a great lineage of speakers even better with the RP series.  I am sure you would be very happy with these.  Though the RF-7 1s are over 15 years old, they are still enjoyed by many folks today and are considered one of the "legendary" models in Klipsch's storied history.  The RF-7II and RF-7III are just refinements/improvements of an already great speaker.

Bill

• Like 1

13 hours ago, paulgyro said:

Reviews of the original RF-7 from 15 years ago? Do share.   The old ones are better then the 8000s?

As I said, they are many times better.  No comparison. 

https://www.klipsch.com/products/rf-7-floorstanding-speaker#product-consumer-reviews

http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/klipsch/rf-7.html

There's 92 reviews for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulgyro said:

Great thanks guys!  I was hoping for pro reviews with measurements, etc but I'll take what I can get.

you must audition the 2 types of speakers and make up your own mind as to what you prefer -

the important  part , is to avoid dented , or damaged speakers cones in all klipsch speakers  -and the surrounds must be immaculate ,  the entire speaker must be well taken care off , the sound must be clear , with no perceived vibrations of rattles ------the grilles must be intact and overall , if they are not  , stay away -

always pay a premium for a speaker that is in top shape , and in the contrary , chop off the price if the speaker is not in mint condition , if the seller has not taken care of his gear , it is better off to pass , and always insist on auditioning the speakers before buying  -

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

you must audition the 2 types of speakers and make up your own mind as to what you prefer -

the important  part , is to avoid dented , or damaged speakers cones in all klipsch speakers  -and the surrounds must be immaculate ,  the entire speaker must be well taken care off , the sound must be clear , with no perceived vibrations of rattles ------the grilles must be intact and overall , if they are not  , stay away -

always pay a premium for a speaker that is in top shape , and in the contrary , chop off the price if the speaker is not in mint condition , if the seller has not taken care of his gear , it is better off to pass , and always insist on auditioning the speakers before buying  -

Thanks so much for this wisdom!  I'll need to get a setup I can bring along to do the auditions as the speaks in question are from people moving or in storage so not setup to demo.

well good luck  , on that one ------

2 hours ago, paulgyro said:

Thanks so much for this wisdom!  I'll need to get a setup I can bring along to do the auditions as the speaks in question are from people moving or in storage so not setup to demo.

18 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

well good luck  , on that one ------

Lol well annoying yes but I can grab one of my extra AVRs, a couple of speaker cables, a 3.5mm to RCA to connect to my phone and lug it all along.  Come to think of that it sounds like a lot of suckage but hey if I can get a killer deal on a world class speaker it's worth it right? 

41 minutes ago, paulgyro said:

Lol well annoying yes but I can grab one of my extra AVRs, a couple of speaker cables, a 3.5mm to RCA to connect to my phone and lug it all along.  Come to think of that it sounds like a lot of suckage but hey if I can get a killer deal on a world class speaker it's worth it right? 

Yes, are you looking at some RF7? Terrific speakers. 

1 hour ago, paulgyro said:

Our Lord be on your side  whether the RF -7 or the RP-8000F , you've got great speakers  ,watch out for , bad speakers or dented woofers , keep your eyes and ears open and you'll do just fine -