For Sale: KG-3

Iteachstem

Refinished cabinets in a beautiful modern gray.  The cabinets are in outstanding condition. The tweeters and drivers are in excellent condition.  The passive radiator has some small crinkles on the dust cap, and as you know this doesn't effect the sound one bit.  The grills and badges are in excellent shape as well.  Front to back bracing added between the passive and 8" driver.  New dust caps added on the 8" drivers.  You will be hard pressed to find a nicer pair.

Located in the western burbs of Chicago. (60511) I'm asking $300.  Garage audition available.

(No shipping unless you arrange everything and some person shows up at my door and hands me cash and takes the speakers away!)

10.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

07.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

00.jpg

• Like 1

Frank,

Thank you for the kind words.  I hope you are enjoying the speakers! 

I strive to describe my speakers exactly how they are.  I don't like surprises when it comes to buying speakers.  It bums me out when I look at a set and they are nothing like what a seller said they would be!

-John

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2020 at 11:24 PM, RandyH000 said:

BeautiFul speakers ------WOW -awesome --

Thanks.  This was my trial speaker set for a new stain color.  I think I like it more than I thought I originally would.  I'm debating doing my KLF-20's in this stain.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

fantastic deal -

I looked up prices for reference... $399 on reverb and  $350+$80 shipping and $450+41.05 shipping  on Ebay.... they are out of their minds!!!  Heck, just the plate amplifier sold for $100 on Oct 21st!

Beautiful stuff! 

First post, I’ve been lurking a bit. These pics have really inspired me. I’ve been longing for the Heresy's I had in college...I’m planning on a all Heresy home theater, or maybe Cornwall / Heresy combo. Might refinish similar to yours (unless you have a patent or something!).

Dave P.

PS - I teach stem in IL too... even though the state of IL doesn’t recognize my specialty as STEM!

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2020 at 8:40 PM, dkpack99 said:

Might refinish similar to yours (unless you have a patent or something!).

Ha!  No, I dislike the idea of intellectual property.... it's been holding back great advancements for a long time!  The color was carbon gray I believe.  I can't remember the brand, but I believe I purchased it from Home Cheapo or Menards.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:40 PM, dkpack99 said:

teach stem in IL too...

Nice!  What district are you in?  We are slated to return to a hybrid schedule starting Monday.... even though the vaccine isn't available yet and the district is not providing N95 masks to anyone but the janitors.... you know, the ones that aren't in the confined classroom with many students for extended periods of time.