Carver A-400X Power Amplifier

M_Klipsches

This is not the prettiest amp Carver ever made, but it sounds really good.However,  I’ve recently acquired a Sunfire, Cinema Grand and have taken this out of the system. I’ve even debated keeping it, maybe even finding another one and running them as mono blocks.  But my wife is right, I’ve just got too much crap. So time to let it go. It’s THX Certified, putting out, I think, a couple of hundred watts/channel, five hundred or so in mono. This is the amp that made me a believer in external amplification. It completely filled in the bottom end of my La Scalas, they were good before, after using this amp, they became great. If I’d tried this before building a subwoofer, I doubt I’d have ever built one. Honestly, to my aging ears,  it sounds very similar to the Cinema Grand, maybe not as quiet, but very similar. It does have its share of scratches & scuffs, but it wasn’t “pretty” when it was new. Asking $275.00 plus shipping from WV. I’ll try to work with ya on shipping costs as best I can. I’d say local pick up option, but likely few are close enough. 
If you are thinking about trying an external amp, and don’t want to break the bank this could be the ticket. 

277E1D96-E4DC-46C8-8768-CBDA5CB1CA78.jpeg

5994FC62-CE5F-47C2-A7BA-0014D769C374.jpeg

A24A16A5-9D83-4DBE-AA5D-DB5838BD3597.jpeg

• Like 3

There are a couple of Mountaineers locally.  Mustang Guy and I are in Parkersburg.  Like you I don't "need" another amp but if I picked it up I'm sure I could find a use for it.

What I need more than an amp is a pre-pro.  You don't happen to have an extra, do you?

+++

What part of WV are you from?

31 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

There are a couple of Mountaineers locally.  Mustang Guy and I are in Parkersburg.  Like you I don't "need" another amp but if I picked it up I'm sure I could find a use for it.

What I need more than an amp is a pre-pro.  You don't happen to have an extra, do you?

+++

What part of WV are you from?

No,  just the amp at the moment. I’m east of Charleston. I’m envious of you Parkersburg folks, you can get Popeye’s Chicken whenever you want. I get up that way for work every so often. Nice area. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...