KSW150 Sub Plate amp replacement?

mickstix

The sub sells used for less than 100$  --------look for a used unit or repair your plate amp ----------usually the repair is very easy to spot - 

1)-   plug the amp  -power on  2)    pull the cord while it's ON ,   that will drain the capacitors   -------remove the amp  - and look for the biggest capacitors  on the circuit board , are they bulged yes , 99%  ----their cost could be less than 10$ ----unsolder the solder point ,  pop them out   with pliers ,  solder the news ones in --------1/2 an hour work ---and your amp should be up and running

Thank you for the replies! I'll have to pull the amp and give it a look see for anything obvious.. Believe it was a power surge that got it. As I mentioned in the Sub forum, the red light comes on, but won't receive a signal from the Yamaha and no report/static/anything from the driver when plugging/unplugging cords and what not. 

I do realize it's old and not of the best quality, but to a non audiophile, it's still a fine cabinet/piece of furniture and looks as good as the day I bought it. It still gets a weekly workout and does (did) quite well, with some old 70's-80's rock and roll..  Hate to just trash it. Thanks again and still open to suggestions for a plate amp replacement! 

* I searched ebay for a used one but didn't see any KSW150's.. Is there a better marketplace to check? TIA

Edited by mickstix