Favorite track to show-off your speakers

Sorry if this is already been discussed.  All I could find is a thread about the first album you bought.  Mod; Pls move if there's a better place for this.

Anyway....I want you to share what TRACK you play when you want to show-off what a Klipsch speaker can do.  We all do it!  There's always a few albums that just sound better for whatever reason.  And you have a favorite track that you use the remote to scroll down to.  If you have more than one, that's OK.  I'll go first;

Track 12 / Greensleeves;  Vince Guaraldi Trio / A Charlie Brown Christmas (2012 Remastered) FLAC.  Charles Schultz picked these guys to do the soundtrack for his movie after hearing them at a concert.  Plus, I just like Christmas music.

Track 6 / Hotel California (Live); Eagles / Hell Freezes Over.  Without a doubt probably the best recording of a live performance I have ever heard.  It gives me goosebumps every time I play it.  Klipsch speakers let you hear the plucking of the guitar at the beginning.  Freakin' awesome...

Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas (2012 Remastered & Expanded Edition).jpg

The_Eagles_Hell_Freezes_Over.jpg

I made a playlist on Tidal called Best Stereo Demos - at the top of that list is the Eagles Hotel California Live MTV version - Hell Freezes Over  - sounds beyond freaking amazing on my setup

Wanted Dead or Alive - by Chris Daughtry

Wha About Now Acoustic Version  Daughtry

FM - Steely Dan

Need You Now - Lady Antebellum

In the Shape of a Heart - Solo Acoustic volume 2 - Jackson Browne

Always Remember Us This Way - Lady Gaga - A Star is Born Soundtrack

Foreplay/Long Time - Boston

More Than a Feeling - Boston

I Gotta Feeling Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D.

Jungle Love - Steve Miller Band Greatest Hits

Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie - The Duchess

Lovers On the Sun David Guetta ,Sam Martin - Listen

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hanksjim1 said:

OK...I'll post this as one of the most common examples (many versions out there)...caveat emptor: depending on the setup it may show more deficiencies than prowess...

1812.jpg

This works. Although the cannons might bounce some drivers out from the cabinets!.

I think that Roy's test disc--with a few added tracks tacked on at the end--is still a good go-to place for this type of thing.  Here are the genres, artists, track titles, albums they came from, disc release dates, length, DR database values (including album DR), ReplayGain values, and the number of times I've played them since ~February...  All of my tracks are demastered using the Jubs as the "studio monitors"...

1882217204_RoysTestDiscfoobar2000screenshot.thumb.PNG.7c471d581825afee517bcfc9d84e3f91.PNG

These are really good to compare and check out your system after making changes.  If you're of a mind to go to other's setups (not something that I'm currently contemplating), these are excellent for checking out how those other setups sound relative to home base.

Chris

• Like 2