Klipsch Cornwall 1?

Limberpine

Hi, 

I'm new to the forum and wanted to date the Cornwalls I purchased a couple months ago to replace my AR-2a's. 

Please let me know what other information I may need to provide? 

I'd also like to get the spec information as well if thats available? 

Thanks for the help! I look forward to learning from this forum! 

20201001_141019.jpg

20201001_140952.jpg

• Like 1

these Cornwalls appear to be made in 1978 , 

the Crossover should be the B network ,

K33E  woofer square Magnet ---

k55V Alnico midrange , K600 aluminium horn ---

k77 round magnet Alnico -

grilles should have the Klipsch laser  copper badges -

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Limberpine said:

Here are some more photos of them. 

They are is really great shape and sound amazing! 

Does anyone have the factory spec sheet that they can share on these? 

there was no factory specs sheet back them , but when you bought a pair of these speakers  , they would give you a flyer , I own a pair of  Cornwalls , although they could be 1979  CW 1   ,  so , I have the flyer somewhere along with original sales receipt -  The only different was the was the woofer and the klipsch badges

by the way  the woofers -------seem to be the k33E -, if you take of the rear covers , you  would see the Markings K33E on the square magnets , you woofers have a different shade around   the area above the dust cap   and it  is a slightly different color that the picture  here  which is another picture of a 1976  Cornwall 1

------------------------------------------------------

2nd difference between the 1976 and your 1978 Cornwall is the bottom motorboard vents - the 76 has 2 large vents , the 78 has 3 smaller vents and this remains  the way CW 's are made to this day  -------

--------------------------------------------------

3rd observation ,  your speakers do not have risers , this was optional ,   you can buy risers and add them to protect the bottoms of the speakers -

Vintage Klipsch Cornwall 1 (1976)20201001_141149.jpg

• Thanks 1

This is super helpful!! Thanks so much! 

I will pull the backs off to see how the woofers are marked and report back. 

I do have risers, but I needed to crop the original photos to meet the file size requirements. 

Here is a photo of the riser. 

20201001_185932.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Those appear identical to my '79 Cornwalls.  Mine have no risers either.

The woofer on the 79 is different ---it's the K33E  -   much bigger dust cap  , my 79 Cornwalls do not have risers either ,  they were optional back then-

WANTED: klipsch cornwall 1 or 2 Outside Nanaimo, Nanaimo - MOBILE

-------and the copper badges are different ------78 copper badges have the laser logo ,image.jpeg.5e993d1c9ae5de88c454088844ac8495.jpeg

the 79 is the etched copper badges -------Did Klipsch Make The Older Style Metal Badges? - Ask the Historian - The  Klipsch Audio Community

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Limberpine said:

I do have risers, but I needed to crop the original photos to meet the file size requirements. 

Nice.  I've thought about building risers for mine.  I've had them for16 years so I probably never will LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

The woofer on the 79 is different ---it's the K33E  -   much bigger dust cap  ----

------and the copper badges are different ------78 copper badges have the laser logo ,

the 79 is the etched copper badges -------

Yep, you are correct.  The '78 woofer is like the one in my '73 Cornwall center channel.  But it is a decorator and the woofer is lighter in color. 

20201001-211436.jpg

'79

20201001-211504.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Limberpine said:

Give the image instructions in my signature below a try.  You can upload as many photos as you like, with no size limitations.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Limberpine said:

I see. So any thoughts at to why the woofers look different? I know I'm the 3rd owner. Just curious.

Do you mean that your woofers look different from each other?  If both woofers are marked identically, then they are the same version of the driver...  If the cones look different, they could have come from different batches from the actual company that built them.  Alnico, Eminence, and so on.   It is also possible that a previous owner blew out a woofer (difficult to do in a Klipsch, but it can be done) and had it replaced under warranty. 

Their cat could could have sharpened his claws on one woofer, and an eBay replacement was installed.  Who knows?

If you are referring to your woofers looking different from some of the other CW1 photos, different years might have had a different supplier building woofers to the specs laid out by Paul Klipsch.  (I realize by this time he probably had others design and spec parts, but you get the idea)

• Thanks 1