Why not all high end Klipsch Home Theater

JMBSound

I’m looking at building a high end Klipsch hime theater system and looked at the “pre picked” combination systems.  One of my first thoughts is why they done have a “kit” that has all of the highest performing speakers for each of the positions?  I’ve quickly put the high end speakers for each position below.  Aside from the cost is there a reason Klipsch doesn’t offer it?  Am I missing something in “matching” speaker rang and power abilities?

RC-64III center

RF7 III x 2 front left right

SPL-150 subs x 2

RP502S x2 side surround

RP500SA x2 on top of RF7III front speakers

RP8000F x2 rear channel left right

Thanks for any and all comments!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

That is not high end that is second class stuff.  High end would be Klipschorn's L/R, La Scala Center, Cornwall rears, and Heresy's in all the other positions.  Look to other companies for quality subwoofers, Rythmik, HSU, Velodyne.

I don't think I would call the RF7lll/RC64lll combo "second class"......they're a world class speaker, and performs well. They give you a lot of bang for the price.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The term High End is all subjective it might be high end to the  O. P.

The system you are considering to build would sound awesome go for it, you will not regret it! Get a preamp of your choice and and a ATI amp

Rich

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frzninvt said:

That is not high end that is second class stuff.  High end would be Klipschorn's L/R, La Scala Center, Cornwall rears, and Heresy's in all the other positions.  Look to other companies for quality subwoofers, Rythmik, HSU, Velodyne.

(7) LS IIs

But seriously I wouldn't call what he's considering 2nd Class, especially for HT only. I had 3 LaScalas across the front,  Cornwall sides and Heresy rears and actually prefer the original RF7 setup for HT. Of course I have 4 towers with RC7s for rears and center.

Tis a bit amusing seeing that initial question in the 'Pro Audio' section.  Suggests to me that the OP isn't fully aware of the menu of Klipsch offerings and how nutso some of the folks on this forum might be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I have seven Pro Klipschorns... Want to talk Klipsch High End, let's talk seven Jubilees or seven double MWM bins with Jubilee top section, or even seven KP-600 stacks. or stay off the porch! This is the Pro Section...

Roger

I'm trying to picture a 7 K-horn home theater and a whole bunch of KP-600 stacks and my mind balks at the attempt.😀 Are there any pics? 

On 10/18/2020 at 10:30 AM, Shiva said:

I'm trying to picture a 7 K-horn home theater and a whole bunch of KP-600 stacks and my mind balks at the attempt.😀 Are there any pics? 

Go to the Pro section and I think it is on page 12. Look for "Feeding the TSCM fever" The pictures of the ones in the barn are some of mine when I first got them. Present were Indy klipsch fan, aka Roger Chase, Michael Colter and myself. These are Klipsch Pro Klipschorns also known as TSCM's, NOT home Klipschorns although I used to have four Home Klipschorns and a La Scala center channel before I got these. Presently I have four Klipsch Pro Split La Scala and two Klipsch Pro Slant Monitor Heresy's for my 21 year old Daughter.  :D

Roger

TSCM_41.jpg

That is my bald head holding the Dewalt and here are some of my TSCM's. TSCM stands for Theatre Stage Corner Monitor. Those are Klipschorns with fully built backs / wings and bottom and top. A Home Klipschorn has a K-33E 15 inch woofer rated at 100 watts RMS, these have a TSCM (only) K-44E 15 inch woofer rated at 250 watts RMS. A home Klipschorn has a K-400 midrange horn with a 5/8 inch throat and a single K-55 midrange driver. The Top hats on these, besides being able to aim the top section separately from the bottom, they have a K-400 midrange horn but this one has a 2 inch throat with a K-4 splitter attached and it has four K-55 midrange drivers. A home Klipschorn has a single K-77 tweeter and the special tweeter lense in these splits and has two K-77 motors and diaphragms. A home Klipschorn weighs 175 pounds where as these weigh in at 250 pounds each. Since I have Srven of these with four K-55 drivers each, that is 28 K-55 drivers alone. These were oriiginally sold in the early to mid 1980's and were only sold to movie theatres.

Roger

post-10755-13819455773612.jpg

post-22082-13819454649638.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/17/2020 at 8:16 PM, twistedcrankcammer said:

I have seven Pro Klipschorns... Want to talk Klipsch High End, let's talk seven Jubilees or seven double MWM bins with Jubilee top section, or even seven KP-600 stacks. or stay off the porch! This is the Pro Section...

Roger

Well when are you going to get a real set? Gotta go big to sound big and you are not there yet, not even close by the way.

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2020 at 7:42 PM, JMBSound said:

I’m looking at building a high end Klipsch hime theater system and looked at the “pre picked” combination systems.  One of my first thoughts is why they done have a “kit” that has all of the highest performing speakers for each of the positions?  I’ve quickly put the high end speakers for each position below.  Aside from the cost is there a reason Klipsch doesn’t offer it?  Am I missing something in “matching” speaker rang and power abilities?

RC-64III center

RF7 III x 2 front left right

SPL-150 subs x 2

RP502S x2 side surround

RP500SA x2 on top of RF7III front speakers

RP8000F x2 rear channel left right

Thanks for any and all comments!

You would be better off posting in the Home Theater section. Better pro Klipsch is superior to the home owner side but ugly to many and not small if you want the great sound. This forum is a good tool to find people that have something like or similar to what you want to do. I would listen first in a real home environment and buy second.

On 10/4/2020 at 9:08 AM, Coytee said:

Tis a bit amusing seeing that initial question in the 'Pro Audio' section.  Suggests to me that the OP isn't fully aware of the menu of Klipsch offerings and how nutso some of the folks on this forum might be.

Tip of the hat to Coytee and he is correct. Some of us have gear for 600 seat plus systems in our houses or shops. You can't have the same sound we do with smaller rigs but then you can have really good sound without going over the cliff like some of us have.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Does Anybody have a copy of those 10 stacks of P-600's at Kevin Harmons shop? If so, can you post it here? Most of those KP-600 stacks are mine.

Roger

So I guess it's not a hoarding problem until the first step of admitting you have a hoarding problem??  :emotion-19:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1