7.1 - New Basement Home Theater - $3K budget

mgd2312

Hi Experts - 

My first 100% all Klipsch Home theater.  I have $4k budget.  12 x 17 room, 3 sides concrete. 

Component Model Unit Price Qty Extended
TV Sony - 65" Class X900H Series LED 4K UHD Smart Android TV     $1,000
Receiver Denon - IN-Command Series 560W 7.2-Ch. With HEOS 4K Ultra HD HDR Compatible A/V Home Theater Receiver - Black   1  $      600.00
Center
Klipsch RP-450C Center Channel Speaker - Ebony
 $ 399.00 1  $      399.00
Front L / R Klipsch R-5502-W II In-Wall Speaker - White (Each)  $ 299.00 2  $      598.00
Ceiling, Rear L / R Klipsch CDT-3650-C II In-Ceiling Speaker - White (Each)  $ 180.00 2  $      360.00
Rear L / R Klipsch CDT-5800-C II In-Ceiling Speaker - White (Each)  $ 240.00 2  $      480.00
Sub Klipsch R-120SW  $ 499.00 1  $      499.00

$3,936

Thoughts?

Best - MD

Looks like a nice system you're putting together here. My only comments/questions:

12 minutes ago, mgd2312 said:

Ceiling, Rear L / R Klipsch CDT-3650-C II In-Ceiling Speaker - White (Each)  $ 180.00 2  $      360.00 Rear L / R Klipsch CDT-5800-C II In-Ceiling Speaker - White (Each)  $ 240.00 2  $      480.00

You're building a 7.1 channel system, right, so no Dolby Atmos/DTS-X? In that case, couldn't you go bookshelf speakers on the side and rear walls instead of in-ceiling speakers for surrounds and rear surrounds? In-ceiling are perfect for height or overhead channels, but for surrounds, just above ear level would be better... or am I misunderstanding your list?

16 minutes ago, mgd2312 said:

Sub Klipsch R-120SW  $ 499.00 1  $      499.00

If you can squeeze out a few more dollars from your budget, I would consider going SPL-150 or R-115 (15 inch) sub, as it will dig a bit lower, unless bass really isn't that important to you... 🙂

@inMotionGraphics Yes, I'm building a 7.1 system.   Great suggestion.  My CFO (Wife) wants all the speakers hidden with the exception of center and Sub.   

I plan to have two CDT-5800-C II in wall at ear level in the rear wall.  My original statement was in-ceiling.  So 2  CDT-3650-C II in ceiling and 2 5800 Cll rear, ear level wall.  

Thx.

My suggestion is if you'd be opening up the ceiling to wire for the ceiling .4 if you can.  Because u never know when the upgrade urge may come.  

And for the centre, did you consider the same 5502 as centre vs. RP-405C?

You can take a look at my setup (in my profile).  I room is slightly bigger and I had in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.  And my LCR are behind a false wall so you don't see any speakers.  I have since changed to wall mounted for surrounds.

In addition, perhaps not needed at start, but look to invest in some acoustic treatments down the line.  Especially for the rear and side reflection points.

• Like 1