It's On

oldtimer

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

How's the sauce you bought USNRET?

To tell the truth, I haven't tried it. I bought in order to take up to family get together over Tgiving for all to sample but late news is I will not be able to attend. Just another black cloud hanging over. Company loses contract, I put in to retire, new company makes an offer I can't refuse, gotta sell the haunted house so that the soon to be (hopefully VERY soon, been in the lawyers' hands for 11 months) ex can get her half.
and it keeps adding on. Have you ever heard of a insurance company wanting photos of complete kitchen layout, chimney, pool, fence, dog, plumbing under all sinks, water heater labels, a/c equipment, circuit breaker panels, outdoor kitchen, pool...on and on. This is what's being required on new home purchase and I have until noon tomorrow to produce photos.

Oh, never mind, you asked about the hot sauce.

19 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Several years ago, when I switched insurance companies they sent a guy out.  Are you using USAA?

No, left them several years ago when they doubled our auto and house rates with no claims but the kids started driving. I use an independent broker out of Katy, Tx. She was able to cut the auto premiums in half while vastly reducing deductible on windstorm. Might be worthwhile to check back with them. Wouldn't mind the photos so much except I don't close for a couple of weeks and it's a hassle working the two agents / seller.

Interesting side note is that when I removed the x Ms. Mike and her van from my policy the premium went up. I think, but need to verify, that it was because my agent had the kids driving the mom-mobile van and without it they are now in their own cars. Too much to compute at the moment; will check USAA when crap stabilizes.

I am pizzed that my current company offered a 6 month severance with the WARN Act upon my retirement until they were informed that the successor company made me an offer. Working to use vacation for 2 days in order to get full annual employee incentive bonus. If I leave on 31 Dec I get rated as achieved expectations if I leave after 1 Jan I get bonus based on my significantly exceeded all expectations.....not a trivial amount as the difference pays for the Jubilees.

No, left them several years ago when they doubled our auto and house rates with no claims but the kids started driving. I use an independent broker out of Katy, Tx. She was able to cut the auto premiums in half while vastly reducing deductible on windstorm. Might be worthwhile to check back with them. Wouldn't mind the photos so much except I don't close for a couple of weeks and it's a hassle working the two agents / seller.

Interesting side note is that when I removed the x Ms. Mike and her van from my policy the premium went up. I think, but need to verify, that it was because my agent had the kids driving the mom-mobile van and without it they are now in their own cars. Too much to compute at the moment; will check USAA when crap stabilizes.

I am pizzed that my current company offered a 6 month severance with the WARN Act upon my retirement until they were informed that the successor company made me an offer. Working to use vacation for 2 days in order to get full annual employee incentive bonus. If I leave on 31 Dec I get rated as achieved expectations if I leave after 1 Jan I get bonus based on my significantly exceeded all expectations.....not a trivial amount as the difference pays for the Jubilees.

Excuse the frank question, but is your job a federal gov job or a state gov job by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/10/2020 at 4:04 PM, oldtimer said:

You're right.  They would look way better with MY hot sauce on them...

I imagine being on a Greek island and they serve me that I would say the same thing. Fwiw, I think Roctoberfest would be nice on that one with the Orange Stomp for pizza. Btw, I bought the hotter Goblin and Death Spiral for my buddy and he took it to his morning brunch taco crew who enjoyed the HEAT and said it was tasty--I may have to try one to see what real men experience. ;)

• Like 1