It's On

oldtimer

12 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

...it smells like strawberries and bananas...  That just doesn't sound right by me... I will taste it before fully condemning it. It might be OK. Ya never know.

I don't wanna give @oldtimer bad ideas

No worries.  Color and shelf life are severely limited without preservatives when you mix that kind of fruit.  That's not my bag, baby!

• 2 weeks later...

@oldtimer ... excuse me sir; but how did you get into the hot sauce game? just curious. 

I'm a disaster in the kitchen and most fire departments chip in to pay me to stay away from a stove; but I can make a mean salsa. It's gotten rave reviews from all who have had it. One guy noted that that his eyes were burning when I was boiling some peppers. I like boiling them as opposed to using them raw. 

I developed it for personal use to yes, season our food.  The nephew would make  chicken stir fry that was edible.  When I started making hot sauce to cook  in with the stir fry, it became delicious.  A few friends asked me to make some for them, and over time word spread and demand increased.  That's the basics of the beginning.

• Like 1

can't recall which one I liked the best ... it was orange ... may have had carrots in the ingredients?  I'm satisfied with all that I've tried though.  I wonder if some cilantro can be incorporated into it ... I love the taste of cilantro, also love the taste of fresh mint. 

On 12/18/2020 at 8:28 PM, Zen Traveler said:

Nice...Fwiw, I thought Goblin's Ghost would be too hot but had it on both Pizza and chicken, with only lingering lip numbing after a tasty kick. I wasn't expecting it to be so pleasant compared to the others. No overly mouth burn and I  look forward to experiencing the Death Spiral. :)

Okay...I've gone from only liking the moderately hot to really enjoying the Death Spiral--Good job and put me on the list for new arrivals as well as old favorites. 

• 2 weeks later...

My hot sauce journey has left me with these 5 from the last 2 batches...I feel like I'm on one of those "get it while supplies last" deals. 🤠 I like how each batch is different and sorry to see the Death Spiral go... 

Oh yeah, I understand the Hawaiian Farmers Market is closed but let me know when the Tropical Tiki gets back on line.

20210225_144105.jpg