Super Heresy morphed into KP-262 monsters! An H-262, maybe?

Oicu812

I recently purchased a pair of K-70-G 1.75" titanium compression squawkers and the 2-way crossovers pulled out of a KP (KI?)-262 from @jjptkd.  I decided to see how they sounded when put into a Heresy cabinet.  The K-70 spun onto the K-700 horn perfectly with a new rubber grommet, and I replaced the Super Heresy E / Cornwall B with the KP-262 crossover.  I left the Eminence Delta Pro 12A in place as the woofer.  I disconnected the tweeter and left it in the cab, since the 262 is a two-way speaker.

During some "critical listening" while doing an A/B between the Super Heresy and the new H-262, the sound seems even cleaner.  More "full and rich", and the mids are more forward and prominent.  It also seems to take less power to reach my normal listening level on the "new" speaker.  Maybe the old K-55’s needed rebuilt?  

Don’t get me wrong, I adore the Supers, and have happily listened to them every day since completing the build.  Could the difference be the newer, pro crossovers in addition to the heavier duty squawkers?   <——-(this is a somewhat rhetorical and idiotic question...). *<;o)

I am listening to the Eagles’ Desperado and Old '55, and the sound is sweet.  Queen is up next.  Genesis on "I Can't Dance" was snappy and fun.

I will update this thread over time as I listen to them.  I don't have anything I can measure sound with, although I might consider picking something up sometime soon.  Any suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1