The Duke...

Marvel

@Deang @Rivernuggets

Enjoying Mark Deneen's modified  Crown D-45. I would like to know who has had this besides Deang and Rivernuggets.

I plan on keeping it, but your plans can change. Just thought I would keep a log og the owners... maybe put ther name on the inside if the cover.

Bruce

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

are you impressed

Very much impressed. It works extremely well with my JMA Merlin tube preamp (high output z).

Maybe not quite as airy as my 2A3 amps, but the power output gives me tighter bass with my speakers. Mark upped the slew rate a bit, used a couple different caps. I think it was eight parts (resistors and caps).

I'm seriously thinking on selling the 2A3s.

Would like to be able to compare to a Parasound Z-amp.

• Like 1

Wonder what Mark Deneen is up to these days?

I always crack up when his name is mentioned.....makes me remember the phone conversation we had years ago when I was trying to use a bunch of Behringer nonsense with a Peach and a Blueberry. [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SWL said:

Wonder what Mark Deneen is up to these days?

Me too.

1 hour ago, SWL said:

I always crack up when his name is mentioned.....

Me too.

1 hour ago, SWL said:

makes me remember the phone conversation we had years ago when I was trying to use a bunch of Behringer nonsense with a Peach and a Blueberry. emoji39.png

He definitely liked to share his opinion...I hope he's well.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

you  never told us what your old user name was on the forum  ------------did you reach out to  @Chad   he can unlock your old account and get you back onboard

Zen Traveler and Travis contacted him a couple of times. I realize he is busy and it's no big deal except the newbie tag line. :)

18 hours ago, Marvel said:

@Deang @Rivernuggets

Enjoying Mark Deneen's modified  Crown D-45. I would like to know who has had this besides Deang and Rivernuggets.

I plan on keeping it, but you plans can change. Just thought I would keep a log og the owners... maybe put ther name on the inside if the cover.

Bruce

That's a great idea, keep track of the owners, and all have been from this forum.

Does Mark even answer emails from people anymore? I use to email him once and a while and he told me how to hook up my Tercel to my Peach as kind of a super Blueberry.  It was in a thread and as we know all of his posts are gone.  This, is in my opinion, a huge tragedy.  I miss those days actually.  Does anyone know what size screws the ones are that hold the wooden case to the Peach? I guess emailing Mark would be futile.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kuisis said:

Does Mark even answer emails from people anymore? I use to email him once and a while and he told me how to hook up my Tercel to my Peach as kind of a super Blueberry.  It was in a thread and as we know all of his posts are gone.  This, is in my opinion, a huge tragedy.  I miss those days actually.  Does anyone know what size screws the ones are that hold the wooden case to the Peach? I guess emailing Mark would be futile.

yeah , Mark has been gone for while now -

I corresponded with him about a year ago. He sent me info on The Duke, said he is enjoying retirement.  Hopefully he is still doing well.

I aways enjoyed having him on here, too, and hated to see him go.

• Like 4

I like Mark a lot.  He and I were frustrated by some similar things back then... only he had the technical chops to make that frustration more legitimate!  He was always very generous with me when I asked him questions about the Paragon 12A I had, as well as the early Blueberry, even though I bought it used.  I'm glad to hear his name and that he retired happily.  (And hopefully that's true about the $$)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, babadono said:

Care to share what he sent?

When I have time to get on my pc at home. I was thinking I had already done that, but sure.

Edit: I sent the info a year ago... 🙄

• Like 1