CL: LaScala (JAX)

billybob

14 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Yes I meant Allen organ amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@carlthess40

Carl did mean Allen Organ amps.  He sold me 6 of them a while back, and I use them one each on the KP-3002 right / left mains, a couple of KP-1000 garage speakers (with added squawkers & horns), and the pair of KPT-100 that I use for the center channel.  These amps are fantastic, with an RCA input for the line level feed that connects to the pre-amp outputs on my surround receiver.

If you can find them, they are well worth experimenting with.  Massive capacitors and other pieces.  They look like a tube amp (almost) and they put out a true 100W RMS.  There is plenty of headroom, and they have a gain knob (which makes it easy to balance with the other speakers in the 7.1 array).

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

the speakers are  not sold yet ----------the ad is still up this morning

I don’t think we can go by an ad still being up to tell if something is still available. Maybe the seller is lying to me when he told me they have SOLD.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Do you have any photos of those amps I sold you? That way they can see what they look like. They really are little tanks of a amp

Here's one of mine, on top of a KP-1000:  For scale, the horn is a K-601.

IMG-1448.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Madman1 said:

And gone! Anybody here get them?

the seller emailed back saying  that they are sold   and the ad was deleted

craigslist 7207283858
Mon 10/5/2020 3:01 PM
I'm sorry, they have been sold.
  • Like 1

I spoke to the seller a day or two ago. Yes they are sold. And yes they came from a church just as I thought they had. And yes they had Allen amps in them. He said that he sold them because they did not sound right to him, with or without using the Allen amps.
After we spoke for about 30 minutes, he feels bad about letting them go. After I explained of how or why they sounded like they did. Lessons learned about waiting to long. Lol

• Like 1