Closure of Theater Chains...

Chris A

This can't be good for the professional/cinema marketplace:  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-cineworld-grp/regal-owner-cineworld-considering-closing-all-u-s-uk-screens-idUSKBN26P00F

This puts a lot more pressure on outfits like Klipsch (KGI) consumer products to carry the load while the big cinema chains figure out how to deal with the SARS-CoV-II virus.  I think there is a lot that can be done to increase the safety of cinemas, but the profitability of such cinemas is going to change--especially for the major movie studios that create "A" films.  Perhaps home theaters as a concept is something that could be developed into neighborhood/smaller venues...?

Your thoughts?

Chris

• Like 1

I have been saying for a while that the Theaters might not open again...they just put massive bucks into the renovation of theaters with power recliners. How long can they go before the Banks, and investors want their money? Add to that that rhe Movies Companies make more profit streaming. Look at what Disney just made by streaming their own movies... even when they are streamed by other Streamers they get 80% of the profit. I will not miss them, as they are way too overpriced to go to on a regular basis. I used to go every weekend prior to 2000, and then I started to just buy they movie as it was less expensive.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

you can't make  movies if theaters are shut down , and although   Online viewing is booming  and the revenues are growing  , the theatre revenues are 0 -

- the less there are theaters in business after Covid 19 , the less there will be high budget movies being produced -and the  movie business industry has been shut down since January 2020 and there may be a re-start in Mid-October 2020 ,    the sad news is that the re-start was sheduled for September 2020 , and they have now delayed it again for another 45 days ---

- on the other hand theaters that are shut down can't pay their rent and the longer  they have no revenues , the more is the possibility that  there will be permanent closures , it  definitely does not look good for movie theater Chains -and the last  7 months are now close to a break-point as the Christmas Holidays are getting closer , that huge chunk of that business they normally rely on is down the Tubes -  and one can forcast bankrupties as early as January 2021 -

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

you can't make  movies if theaters are shut down , and although   Online viewing is booming  and the revenues are growing  , the theatre revenues are 0 -

- the less there are theaters in business after Covid 19 , the less there will be high budget movies being produced -and the  movie business industry has been shut down since January 2020 and there may be a re-start in Mid-October 2020 ,    the sad news is that the re-start was sheduled for September 2020 , and they have now delayed it again for another 45 days ---

- on the other hand theaters that are shut down can't pay their rent and the longer  they have no revenues , the more is the possibility that  there will be permanent closures , it  definitely does not look good for movie theater Chains -and the last  7 months are now close to a break-point as the Christmas Holidays are getting closer , that huge chunk of that business they normally rely on is down the Tubes -  and one can forcast bankrupties as early as January 2021 -

I don't know how they've lasted this long.  The PPP must have been pretty good.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I don't know how they've lasted this long.  The PPP must have been pretty good.

they are in very bad shape , not sure if the Malls are covering the rents , but winter is here , heating costs ,  you have to maintain equipment -----the Studios may be pitching in with  base revenues based on older contracts , but for how long are they bound  legally ?  , and   how long for a Vaccine ? 

I do not see any reason why you cannot make movies if there are no theaters...once the pandemic is over of course. It has been increasing in price to go to a theater, and a lot of people will not be able to go after the pandemic is over. Life as we knew before is most likely going to have a lot of changes.

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

they are in very bad shape , not sure if the Malls are covering the rents , but winter is here , heating costs ,  you have to maintain equipment -----the Studios may be pitching in with  base revenues based on older contracts , but for how long are they bound  legally ?  , and   how long for a Vaccine ? 

I watched a video on Youtube and they said the malls have been going out of business all over, and this was before the pandemic.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NBPK402 said:

I watched a video on Youtube and they said the malls have been going out of business all over, and this was before the pandemic.

Amazon  has become the online , Mall , and  they're booming even more  ,  the pandemic  hasn't slowed them down --

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBPK402 said:

I do not see any reason why you cannot make movies if there are no theaters...once the pandemic is over of course.

one thing is for sure , productions are backed up tight  with delays and cancellations , and soon as the pandemic is under control , it's going to be a very busy 2 years --

-

1 hour ago, NBPK402 said:

Yup, not only that Amazon is buying up old theaters for local shipping too.

I read about it ,  kinda sad ,  most multiplex  theaters today are no longer what you can call a large screen -and the older , larger theaters are almost all gone

This pandemic will be over, probably next year and after enough people will be vaccinated.

That does not mean another kind of pandemic will outbreak, but I do not believe that.

Some time will surely pass until general population gets comfortable again to get together in one place at greater numbers.

• Like 1

Has anyone been to one of these? (Location is example only.)  They seem to be sold out:

https://thewalmartdrivein-irving.splashthat.com/

https://thewalmartdrivein-eventrules.splashthat.com/

The cameras themselves (ARRI Alexa, Red, etc.) are currently being used by television programs, so I don't believe they are in any danger of being obsoleted.

1920px-Red_Weapon_Helium_8K_Full_Frame_I

Chris

• Like 1