Which center channel for which speaker?

Tuco

Hello

Can anyone tell me where i can find info on which center channel is for which speaker, im confused on what pairs with what for seamless sound! Can anyone give me some info or direction on where to read about this? Thanks and excuse my bad English, i hope i have made my self understood!

Cheers

For starters have a look at these links:

Reference:

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-manuals/Reference-Speakers-2018-Manual-v02.pdf

And Reference Premiere:

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-manuals/Reference-Premiere-Speakers-Manual-v03.pdf

The manuals show You each series, i think if You want the bookshelves of each class, the small centers should be sufficient for You. Hope this helps for a start.

• Like 1

So from my understanding any reference premier bookshelf or tower will match and cam be paired with any center channel from the RP series? Lets say I'll buy the RP600M bookshelf speakers, can this speakers be paired with either the RP504C, RP404C or RP600C etc?

For the RP600M the RP600C would probably be best. Tweeters and Woofers are same size, so the audio-footprint is about the same too and should give You a more homogeneous listening experience. Would You have the chance to listen to a system before you buy?

• Like 1

Hey, unfortunately in the place i live we dont have audio visual showrooms! Cant hear them! I spoke with  Klipsch customer support, it seems i can match any center channels from the RP series with any bookself or tower speaker from the RP series.

I leave a quota about the 606C vs 404C:

03:35:43 PM) Cristi salajean: Will the 404c center will be louder and clearer because of more woofers?
(03:36:13 PM) Liam : Yes, you will get more clarity and projection because of the 4 woofer design
(03:37:43 PM) Cristi salajean: So if i have space unde the TV will be a better ideea to match the rp600m bookshelfs with the rp404c?
(03:38:06 PM) Cristi salajean: 505c is too large for me!
(03:38:27 PM) Liam : Yes, the RP-404C will match very well to the RP-600M!

@AndreG.  I have the RP-600M.  They are great speakers, you will be very happy with them.  If you can, add a sub-woofer but get your center speaker first.

As far as a center speaker to match, always get the best center speaker you can afford.  Ninety percent of movies/TV are dialog and 90% of the dialog comes from the center speaker.  I have used RP-600M with the RC-64 III and it sounds fantastic.

Others here have used various Klipsch center speakers and the consensus is:  RP-600C is good, the RP-504C is better, RC-64 III is best.

Here is the RP-600M and RC-64 III.  For reference the stands are VTI 18" (46 cm) but the proper height for them is 24" (61 cm)  which puts them at ear height while sitting.   The TV is 65" (165 cm) , the audio furniture height is 30" (76 cm).

IMG_1419_400.thumb.jpg.727d191586ab8b339cbc1bb4cde491c6.jpg

• Like 1

Cool setup, thanks for the reply! Do you also listen to music or just use the RP600M for home cinema? RC64 III is very big and i could not fit that in my furniture under the TV, alo the depth of the 504C is bigger than my furniture, i can fit the 600C and the 404C.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tuco said:

Cool setup, thanks for the reply! Do you also listen to music or just use the RP600M for home cinema?

I listen to music more than I watch movies, I like classical and jazz which I get from Youtube most of the time.  I watch TV mostly for sports. 

My RC-64 III would not fit under the TV which you see in my picture ^^^.  I used some bed risers to make room for the 8" tall RC-64.  Six bucks for 4 pieces at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Regula-Black-Bed-Riser/937595676?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=1782&&adid=22222222227289056471&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=347178922769&wl4=pla-738040478623&wl5=9009314&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=937595676&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8uXJpZup7AIVCY6zCh1jvwWoEAQYASABEgImUvD_BwE

• Thanks 1

Good ideea with the bed risers, im from Europe so Walmart is oit of reach but my furniture have some good space under the TV, i need to make some more measurements maybe i can fit the 505C. Is it a big problem if the reflex port will be exactly at the back of the furniture? No much room for the reflex port, maybe if i cut some of the furniture exactly where the port will sit. Excuse my English, its not my native language!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tuco said:

i need to make some more measurements maybe i can fit the 505C.

You are not the first person to try to make room for a bigger speaker.  I had to use the furniture pictured above because it was what my wife bought!  I was not given a choice so I had to work around her precious furniture to make my 8" tall RC-64 fit.  I would have gotten something else.

I personally like woofers in the six to seven inch size for a center speaker.  An MTM (mid-tweeter-mid) can also be an excellent choice.  I have an MTM with 7" Usher woofers and one inch tweeter and it sounds fantastic, very close to the great sound of the RC-64.  In all things it is high quality you are looking for as quality goes with everything.

+++

Your English is excellent.  It was easy to understand everything you wrote.  It is always a pleasure to have international Klipsch lovers posting in this forum.  👍

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Savhcc said:

I have a new RP-504C and want to use it with the rf-7iii. I don't want to buy a rc-64 since my center channel isn't even 6 months old.

The 504C should be fine.  It has a great reputation and the owners speak highly of them.  No doubt the RC-64 III is a notch above but you pay for that notch.  It is better but not twice as good.  I own an RC-64 III.

I find the larger speakers or larger center speakers do best when trying to play loud in a big room.  If your current 504C reproduces clear male and female voice at your usual listening levels and you are happy with that sound, you are good to go.