KP 320s - just got em, now what to do with em?

Jon B

24 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Why do you think that's Duratex?

it's quite coarse ,  I always thought  it was  a  50/50 mix of Duratex and satin black paint , here is a better picture of a Forte III next to a  flat black Pioneer HPM 100 

myset.jpg

Ok, you talked me into it - no mouse fir - it will be a Duratex finish for the 320's. Unfortunately I don't have a big paint booth and the thought of using  a roller it on is not that appealing after looking at the results you can get with a sprayer. Sigh

Sorry Dave, but I really love my 301's with the Crites Chorus crossovers. I got quite a bit of advice HERE, prior to making that change. And you may not be aware of one important decision point - my 301's are a series 1 pair but they had two different crossovers in them when I got them. One crossover for a 301 series 1 and the other for a 301 series 2 due to a prior owner's tinkering. When I got these speakers I knew they would need work and I did so with the intent to please one person - me. They do a great job in my workshop and will never see the redline with my amp because I really like my neighbors. Due to their power efficiency it doesn't take much for them to make the SPL uncomfortable just the way they are, so they are a match for me.

I currently have 5 speaker projects robbing me of space, and the motorcycle season is over so I just moved the bike into the shop, so I need to get to work. I have the KP-320's, the bass cabinet to a KP-450, a pair of Cerwin Vega AT 15's and a pair of AT 12''s and a pair of Infinity Monitor 2b's all needing my attention to bring them back to their prime. The 301's are finished and up on the wall in my shop where they are going to stay - note the big fat grin on my face. Trading a pair of reconditioned Cerwin Vega AT-12s for them was best Hi-Fi deal I ever made - even with the mismatched crossovers. Now if I could only stop staring off into space when listening to the 301's and get some work done - I would be in great shape !

• Like 2

On 11/5/2020 at 8:03 PM, Jon B said:

Ok, you talked me into it - it will be a Duratex finish for the 320's.

here is what you need ,  Duratex Roller Grade  add 5% water to the Duratex , 1 coat only , use the blue roller -

DuraTex Speaker Cabinet Texture Coating Roller Grade Quart (1 | Reverb