Forte IV

Snico

• Moderators

Stay tuned for more information about a live stream event this Thursday, February 4th. You will be able to submit questions about the all new Forte IV with Roy Delgado, Jr., Klipsch VP and Forte IV Program Manager, Zach Bayer, KGI VP of Brand and Development, and Klipsch Sr. Creative Director and Renaissance Man, Matt Sommers.  They will try to answer as many questions as possible about the design, development, engineering and features behind the new Forte IV. 

After they discuss this every exciting new addition to the Heritage line of speakers the will commence to auction off a pair of a pair of  Museum Edition Heresy IV speakers for the Klipsch Museum of Audio History. 

Grab a cocktail/adult beverage of your choice for an early Happy Hour on the 4th to hear all about the Forte IV, the 75th Anniversary of Klipsch, and maybe buy yourself a one of a kind pair of Museum Edition Heresy IV's.

More information to follow so stay tuned!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, veloceleste said:

Will there be an upgrade kit for all the Forte III out there?

Looking over the spec sheets for the III and IV, the only difference I spot is the midrange driver:

Forte III: K-70 1.75” (4.45cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver on a K-703-M horn

Forte IV: K-702 1.75” (4.45cm) Polyimide Compression Driver mated to a K-703-M horn

The video also mentions a different tweeter phase plug and upgraded crossover.

Are upgrade kits something that's been offered in the past?

4 minutes ago, Stubb said:

Looking over the spec sheets for the III and IV, the only difference I spot is the midrange driver:

Forte III: K-70 1.75” (4.45cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver on a K-703-M horn

Forte IV: K-702 1.75” (4.45cm) Polyimide Compression Driver mated to a K-703-M horn

I would rather listen to the Kapton diaphragm than the ti one and there are plenty of folks who have issues with the ti resonance (thought it dose not really bother me but given the choice I would prefer aluminum over titanium). A larger mid diaphragm would be a good way to lower distortion. Ah well that's what DIY is for.

• Like 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Stubb said:

Yes, when it was physically possible. The last few changes like the AK6, AL5, CW IV it was my understanding that the physical changes to cabinet, motorboard, etc. don't make an upgrade kit practical.

However, you will be able to ask them yourself on Thursday, 2/4 at 4:00 Eastern (3:00 p.m. Central).

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fido said:

I really want to hear these as I love my Forte 1s with Dave’s Lmahl tweeters but that larger midrange horn setup and larger passive radiator has me intrigued.  Has anyone here already heard a pair of 4s?

In my dreams..

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, pcbiz said:

From the Forte IV spec sheet: 

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL 3/4” MDF

I'm looking forward to hearing the III vs IV side by side at Thursday's event.

Well I don't know how that will be possible since it is virtual on FB live stream, but you would have an opportunity to ask Roy everything about the differences on the enclosure materials between the two, what the differences were between the two, why the changes, what changes he saw in test results and sound. 

• Like 1

Here is the You Tube of the Live Stream of the Forte lV if you missed it but would like to learn more about the Forte history and even some interesting comments about PWK and his research being continued by Roy/Klipsch and the Klipsch Museum Of Audio History.  https://www.klipschmuseum.org/

Note: I found it especially interesting about PWK researching Steep Slope Networks to minimize the “Interference Band Between Drivers”..!

On 2/1/2021 at 4:33 PM, moray james said:

I would rather listen to the Kapton diaphragm than the ti one and there are plenty of folks who have issues with the ti resonance (thought it dose not really bother me but given the choice I would prefer aluminum over titanium). A larger mid diaphragm would be a good way to lower distortion. Ah well that's what DIY is for.

My ear was very sensitive to that tweeter. I don't remember what frequency it was, but my ear would  instantly perk or twinge when the freq. played. Got super annoying. I remember 1 other guy who mentioned it and made his III's a 2  way because of it

On 2/1/2021 at 4:25 PM, Stubb said:

Yes. Heresy II to Heresy III upgrade kit. Not sure how long that was offered. 

I feel the III to IV upgrade kit is 100% necessary. I remember there were a lot of bummed out new CW III owners as soon as the IV was introduced. That's a lot of money spent only to be told your new expensive speaker is now obsolete.  Same thing now with new FIII owners, but the FIII owners have a real possibility to make the move up via upgrade kit. I believe Klipsch is the kind of company who will do it for their customers, but maybe not announce it and only forum members will really know about it. My guess anyway.