Too fat to provide care?

Bosco-d-gama

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

That's more pressure that I care to handle; but that's life. 

I think it was mother Theresa that said "God will never give you more than you can handle.....................I just wish he didn't trust me so much".

On 10/6/2020 at 3:36 PM, Bosco-d-gama said:

If you owned a busy restaurant would you prefer to hire sluggish or energetic employees? 

I know someone who used to manage restaurants in the Hilton Head area.  She told me that one of her interviewing strategies was to simply ask the person to walk over "there" and come back.

Some folks shuffled....  maybe looked in a container on the way over or back....  someone else might have done exactly that....  walked over to there...  turned around and come back.  THAT was the person who got priority for the job, simply on how efficiently they seemed to move.

I thought that was a clever 'test' (which is really what it was for her....  a quick way to sort out those who dilly-dally verses those who move)

20 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I started walking at age 52 (10 years ago) because I couldn't run any more.  38 years of soccer cumulated in my 3rd knee surgery and that ended my running days. I had run my whole life and had a void to fill.  It was hard at first but I ended up accepting that this was how it was going to be from now on.  I have ankle and hip pain now but its not bad enough to keep me from walking.

Breakfast is the same every day.  Fruit (whatever is in season and a banana)  English muffins and coffee.  Lunch is boring too.  Raw red peppers, cucumbers and a sandwich.  Supper is whatever my wife wants to cook.

Sounds like you have been at it your whole life.  Good for you, wish most people would learn from this.  I know the pains and surgeries don't sound good. But would they compare to heart issues and diabetes? 

19 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

You should see your ribs (no too much) and the outline of your stomach. 

Ive been working on this for the last year.  Pretty much everything you mentioned has been the truth for myself.  Tonight I will look at my wife's butt and look to see if I can see those dimples. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Ive been working on this for the last year.  Pretty much everything you mentioned has been the truth for myself.  Tonight I will look at my wife's butt and look to see if I can see those dimples. 

It took me  awhile to research this but it is easy once you have it down.  Once you make it over the hump it becomes very easy. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

You cannot exercise yourself out of a bad diet.  You need to do both, but diet is more important. 

Never said you could, just pointing just because you're (I'm) a fat *** doesn't mean I'm a lazy ***. I'd work circles around most of you guys' skinny asses

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

It took me  awhile to research this but it is easy once you have it down.  Once you make it over the hump it becomes very easy. 

Last January,  my wife was 60 plus pounds over weight.  Joe Rogan had dropped one of those lines about being lazy and making excuses (thanks joe for telling my wife what I couldn't).   She decided to get it figured out.  Luckily her once athletic fast metabolism kick back in and she lost quit a bit of weight the first couple of months month, no yo yo/fad diet.   Just basics as you mentioned.  That made it easier for me, fast forward today and we have no issue finding foods that work best.  We weren't ones to eat out much, especially fast food.  We did for a short period, but stop quickly. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Last January,  my wife was 60 plus pounds over weight.  Joe Rogan had dropped one of those lines about being lazy and making excuses (thanks joe for telling my wife what I couldn't).   She decided to get it figured out.  Luckily her once athletic fast metabolism kick back in and she lost quit a bit of weight the first couple of months month, no yo yo/fad diet.   Just basics as you mentioned.  That made it easier for me, fast forward today and we have no issue finding foods that work best.  We weren't ones to eat out much, especially fast food.  We did for a short period, but stop quickly. 

Interesting account. We hear tons about ‘fat shaming’ and how awful it is when people do this. Well instead of perceiving the message as ‘shameful’ and taking it personally accept it as useful and well intentioned feedback. Feel motivated, not shamed if it applies to you. Of all the things in life your own physical condition/appearance is something you can control.

Interesting account. We hear tons about ‘fat shaming’ and how awful it is when people do this. Well instead of perceiving the message as ‘shameful’ and taking it personally accept it as useful and well intentioned feedback. Feel motivated, not shamed if it applies to you. Of all the things in life your own physical condition/appearance is something you can control.
I agree, but when a majority of society (not saying that is exactly the case) sees something as this as normal, we start justifying it and start to feel its not our fault. But again, lack of accountability. Whereas my wife accepted this and did something about. How do we change this perspective with the majority? Once we figure that out, problems start to dissolve, or at least that is what I believe.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 10:15 AM, The Dude said:

super congrats to your wife's success -- great to hear. I dropped 40 pounds while eating fast food every meal, every day. I get annual physicals and my doc said that my blood work was textbook good results. I think 15 pounds were from cutting out beer (which I resumed after about five years); but a lot of my meals were from a place in SoCal called Flame Broiler -- they do grilled chicken and veggies; but I'd get the brown rice and veggies only bowl.  When I'd hit the Del Taco, I was just getting a couple of bean burritos with the sauce, no cheese. I rarely ate meat actually, NO sweets at all and I just eat one meal a day anyway. . Plus I walked about three miles a day during my lunchtime. 

Good luck to you and your wife on your continued success. 

• Like 1