RIP Eddie Van Halen

ClaudeJ1

WOW. I never thought I live to see this.

Hope you didn't mind me playing your axe at Roselle Music without the guitar tech telling you.

See you at that great gig in the sky Eddie!!!

• Like 1

Last time I saw Eddie in concert, his son hadn't quite mastered the bass.

Dave gestured to Eddie live during a number that Wolfgang was not on the same page.

Without missing a note Eddie walked over to his son, face to face on stage while playing his own guitar, and fingered the sequence Wolfgang should be playing IN-BETWEEN the track he was playing.

After a couple of perfectly timed repetitions from the master, Wolfgang nailed it and Eddie grinned ear to ear and walked away, still rocking.

Way cool.

• Like 3

I remember the day I bought the debut Van Halen LP back in 1978, too; I was 11 then.  Was completely blown away by the Eruption solo and he took the guitar to a completely different level.  Not to mention, made me put more effort into my playing.

R.I.P, EVH.  Thanks for the many years of great concerts back in the 80's.

• Like 1

Getting old? Yep!

RIP Eddie. 

It wasn't until the spring/summer of `79 that I even heard them on the radio. That's how I learned of new bands back then. Lucky enough to see them after the first LP and then the third.

DLR was non-stop gymnastics the whole time both shows. Eddie showed no signs of even working hard to make those magical riffs come alive.

Appreciate the interesting info above guys.

Preferred the Red Rocker on his own!

• Like 2