Bi amping RF-7II’s

DOUBLE A

So I have a Klipsch KDA-1000 4 Ch amp that I want to use to power a pair of RF-7II’s.

I will use two ch (500 watt) per speaker.

my ? Is ..

I’m trying to find out how are the speakers separated internally when I remove the binding posts.

I will be putting 1- 250 watt channel per binding post..(500 watts total).

basically, what’s the TOP post going too and what’s the BOTTOM post going too.

whats the crossover doing ????

thanks,

Bill

Edited by DOUBLE A
Mispelling

Bottom posts go to the woofer(s) section of the crossover and top to the tweeter section. Removing the bars that shorts them together just removes the common connection between them that allows for using just one amp. The crossover is still in the circuit with the straps removed, just the high and low sections are now separated allowing the use of 2 amps or amp channels.

Welcome to the Forum.

Not putting jumpers back on.?.?.? I’m thinking you did not understand/read my initial post.. but, thanks anyway....

I’m trying to feed the RF-7II’s with more than 250 watts per channel. Speakers are 1000 watts ea.

My KDA-1000 amps are 4 channel (250x4) non bridgeable........

this is why I’m REMOVING straps and BI AMPING.

I might just pull crossover and see how it’s wired.

I tried contacting Klipsch 4X’s, but the Arse farts don’t answer and I’m out on Tele prompted  HOLD for over 40 min each time.. 

Also put in 4 call/email  back requests.

NEVER answered....

HORRIBLE Customer/Tech service..

I have over $15,000 in Klipsch products for my theater  and I can’t get a simple answer from them.....

Thats why I’m on here ... and still at square 1...

To all ..... Thanks for your input.

Bill

2 hours ago, DOUBLE A said:

I’m trying to feed the RF-7II’s with more than 250 watts per channel. Speakers are 1000 watts ea.

Speakers are 250 RMS each.  1000w peak doesn't mean that they'll handle 1000 watt amp for any length of time or even 500.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 5:53 PM, CECAA850 said:

Speakers are 250 RMS each.  1000w peak doesn't mean that they'll handle 1000 watt amp for any length of time or even 500.

On 10/12/2020 at 5:20 PM, Zen Traveler said:

Why do you need/want that much power going to them?  {EDIT: They are rated by Klipsch  at 102 dB@ 2.83v/1 meter.}

I mainly want the front to have more power while listening to music. 500 watts per speaker.

I’m putting 250 watts per ch to the remaining 13 speakers. 

Not putting jumpers back on.?.?.? I’m thinking you did not understand/read my initial post.. but, thanks anyway....

My KDA-1000 amps are 4 channel (250x4) non bridgeable........

this is why I’m REMOVING straps and BI AMPING.

I might just pull crossover and see how it’s wired.

I tried contacting Klipsch 4X’s, but the Arse farts don’t answer and I’m out on Tele prompted  HOLD for over 40 min each time.. 

Also put in 4 call/email  back requests.

NEVER answered....

HORRIBLE Customer/Tech service..

I have over $15,000 in Klipsch products for my theater  and I can’t get a simple answer from them.....

Thats why I’m on here ... and still at square 1...

To all ..... Thanks for your input.

Bill

Just now, DOUBLE A said:

You need to learn the difference between RMS and Peak ratings before you go any further.

Maybe if you explained why you need 500 watts/speaker we would better understand what you're trying to accomplish.

On 10/12/2020 at 5:53 PM, CECAA850 said:

Great point.. ya know I never even saw the 250 rms.

only saw the 1000... now I’m rethinking .. lol...

CAN NOT believe I missed that !!

Much Gratitude  Bro

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DOUBLE A said:

I mainly want the front to have more power while listening to music. 500 watts per speaker.

I’m putting 250 watts per ch to the remaining 13 speakers. 

The question I feel you need to ask yourself is "how loud SPLwise do you want to listen?"and work backwards from there. You may be surprised how little power you need to get the dB you want.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

You need to learn the difference between RMS and Peak ratings before you go any further.

Maybe if you explained why you need 500 watts/speaker we would better understand what you're trying to accomplish.

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

EXCUSE ME BRO... You need to learn some people skills. IMO.... You sound a little

arrogant and cocky over that KEYBOARD....

Terminology and understanding  complex audio are not the issue.... BRO

I quite clearly stated that I did not SEE the 250 rms.. not that I did not understand it. WTF ???

Do me a favor Bro... Please stay out of conversation..

have a a great day 

EXCUSE ME BRO... You need to learn some people skills. IMO.... You sound a little

arrogant and cocky over that KEYBOARD....

Terminology and understanding  complex audio are not the issue.... BRO

I quite clearly stated that I did not SEE the 250 rms.. not that I did not understand it. WTF ???

Do me a favor Bro... Please stay out of conversation..

have a a great day