Forte $399 - Silver Spring, Maryland

crunchman12001

5 minutes ago, Limberpine said:

If you look close at the ebay photos the woofers are dented. Just an observation of that you might want to ask about or ask for closer photos.

If the only dents are the PR's dust caps pushed in, it is common, doesn't effect the sound and is easily fixed with a vacuum cleaner. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

If the only dents are the PR's dust caps pushed in, it is common, doesn't effect the sound and is easily fixed with a vacuum cleaner. 

I put some round metal grilles on my passives. Paid $600 for my pair locally. They go for double that in worse shape, so this is a "steal deal." Just remember, you can't steal in slow motion! Better not hesitate or they'll be gone gone gone with the wind........

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jajaja said:

Just bought them

The Forte are great speakers. For quality of sound, quantity of sound, size, cost and WAF, they will take 4 out of 5 against others. The Forte are ones, when placed just right, will disappear and present a wonderful sound stage. I have moved them forward, back; together, apart; toe in and out until they are just right to let their magic do their trick. 

13 hours ago, jajaja said:

Maybe I'll sell my Heresys?

I did

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally got them set up with my new little iFi integrated amp and turntable. Holy cow, I couldn't believe how sweet they sound! Suffice to say I won't be selling them, or at least not for a while. After some time with my shop vac I was finally able to suck out the dented rear woofer (see before and after pics), but that was cosmetic anyway. Overall they're in amazing shape. I know I'm preaching to the converted, but holy hell these speakers sound really amazing! The space they're in isn't ideal, but it's what I've got to work with. I've turned them in towards each other which sounds much better than straight out, but I'm sure in a more optimal position they'd really sing.

The guy who sold them was into hifi stuff in college but said these were sitting in his house for many years getting no use. I guess he didn't check for market value before selling. Anyway, I'm grateful to this forum for sharing these finds. I think I'll be enjoying these for many years to come!

PXL_20201014_184554846.jpg

PXL_20201014_185027317.jpg

PXL_20201014_185125903.jpg

PXL_20201014_185845666.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jajaja said:

The guy who sold them was into hifi stuff in college but said these were sitting in his house for many years getting no use. I guess he didn't check for market value before selling. Anyway, I'm grateful to this forum for sharing these finds. I think I'll be enjoying these for many years to come!

congrats

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jajaja said:

I guess he didn't check for market value before selling

Congrats - $400 is a decent price.  That's what I sold my forte II's for a couple years ago... and they were in perfect condition.  I think a lot of people like to shoot for the stars when it comes to listing their gear.  I know I did that a couple-o-times, but I've learned over the years.

• Like 1