What are you doing for fun today?

JL Sargent

51 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Another fun day slated here.  Probably get up on the roof and check out the gutters..  Hopefully they'll have less in them than the pool did.  No rain scheduled here for the next 10 days or so. Still on the generator.  Fun stuff for sho.

You're way too old to get up on the roof.  Call Rich....he'll do it for you.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Another fun day slated here.  Probably get up on the roof and check out the gutters..  Hopefully they'll have less in them than the pool did.  No rain scheduled here for the next 10 days or so. Still on the generator.  Fun stuff for sho.

you're  in it for another 5 days -

https://www.12newsnow.com/article/news/local/entergy-hurricane-delta-restoration-saturday-morning-update/502-f09cb65d-ec9e-49b5-b834-605e31c5c1fa

13 hours ago, MC39693 said:

I also started negotiating with seller of a Luxman PD-272 TT. He’s happy to demo and accept 83% of his asking price, subject to any higher offer. Canadian Thanksgiving means we are both busy with family until Monday, so I have to hope no one offers more before then. 

Wife made turkey stuffing. Daughter to make her first turkey dinner tomorrow with our help. I’ll be in garage with son-in-law working on his workbench build out. Fun times tomorrow...

Happy Thanksgiving to all y’all.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian Friends @Islander  @HPower,   @YK Thom  @MC39693 not sure if @Geoff   is also in Canada -----God Bless -

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Hadn't even seen utility trucks around here yet.  

they should invest in underground wires ,once and for all   , instead , they  repair posts and infrastructure  after each and every  storm -

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian Friends @Islander  @HPower,   @YK Thom  @MC39693 not sure if @Geoff   is also in Canada -----God Bless -

Thank you kindly! For the first time in years my wife and I are not hosting a dinner and are instead going to large one hosted by friends. Should be a great afternoon.

14 hours ago, MC39693 said:

Oh yes, @YK Thom probably has been dealing with snow for a month, @Islander won’t see any until February and @HPower will just stay away from the 401. Am I the only crazy Albertan on this forum? 

It is getting cool. No snow ...yet. It may be coming this afternoon. 1 degree right now, -4 tonight.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, YK Thom said:

It is getting cool. No snow ...yet. It may be coming this afternoon. 1 degree right now, -4 tonight.

97F in my back yard, pool temp is 78F.  A little cooler water than I prefer, but I think I will take one last dip for the season today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

To be honest 82* is a bit cool for me but I just couldn't bring myself to bump the heater on for a 30 minute dip

I don't have a pool heater.  I figure, when the weather is right to swim, it's time to swim.  When it's not, it's not.  It's also one less thing I need to maintain LOL.

7 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Thanks, Randy!  My family is having Thanksgiving dinner today, so I’m heading out soon.  The day for dinner seems to be optional, in that Sunday or Monday are equally good.  Is it the same in the US, especially if some folks have to work on the Monday?

• Like 2