What are you doing for fun today?

JL Sargent

2 hours ago, Seadog said:

97F in my back yard, pool temp is 78F.  A little cooler water than I prefer, but I think I will take one last dip for the season today.

46F today on our end ,  our  pool is used until  the heater can no longer keep up  the heat  of  the pool  at 80F  , which usually happens closer to  the 1st week of September -

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Islander said:

Thanks, Randy!  My family is having Thanksgiving dinner today, so I’m heading out soon.  The day for dinner seems to be optional, in that Sunday or Monday are equally good.  Is it the same in the US, especially if some folks have to work on the Monday?

In the States Thanksgiving is on a Thursday so all us gluttons have 4 days to recover before work on Monday:)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Islander said:

Thanks, Randy!  My family is having Thanksgiving dinner today, so I’m heading out soon.  The day for dinner seems to be optional, in that Sunday or Monday are equally good.  Is it the same in the US, especially if some folks have to work on the Monday?

we  celebrate Thanksgiving on 2 dates - work is never a problem

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

46F today on our end ,  our  pool is used until  the heater can no longer keep up  the heat  of  the pool  at 80F  , which usually happens closer to  the 1st week of September -

Closed mine up over the weekend.

Down in the states they always have their Thanksgiving the fourth Thursday of November for some reason. A lot of people who can, take the Friday off for a nice long weekend. Ours is always the second Monday of October so it is a guaranteed three day weekend.

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm reading Tarheel's posts.  GD so much fun.

You obviously got the visual of him taking a ride with his top down didn't you?  LOL  I guess it's better than him saying it was a beautiful day for a ride with his pants down.  LMAO.  @Tarheel you should have come to SWAG, you would fit right in.  BTW, what's your gauge regarding a good philly cheese steak in N.C.?

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Pete H said:

You obviously got the visual of him taking a ride with his top down didn't you?  LOL  I guess it's better than him saying it was a beautiful day for a ride with his pants down. 

You ruined it for me, since I read that I had been picturing the LF riding with the top down, a much easier image to think about.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tarheel said:

A beautiful day and just fine for a top down ride to Taste of Italy for two cheese steak sandwiches.  I cut them in thirds and finish them in a Panini pan for breakfast.  So tasty!

I think you have it made Chuck.....enjoy it. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 8:42 PM, Ceptorman said:

Went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and watched some 190 mph motorcycles racing.....met @Davis there. Perfect weather, sunny and 78.

Bill it was awesome hanging out at he Speedway for 2 days.

I was able to ride the FJR on Friday and the Duacati on Saturday to the track.

FJR IMS.jpg

DUCATI IMS.jpg