What are you doing for fun today?

JL Sargent

2 hours ago, Davis said:

Bill it was awesome hanging out at he Speedway for 2 days.

I was able to ride the FJR on Friday and the Duacati on Saturday to the track.

FJR IMS.jpg

DUCATI IMS.jpg

Just something magical about that place. All the racing and history that happened there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Just something magical about that place. All the racing and history that happened there. 

Bill you have no idea what spending those 2 awesome days at the speedway did for my mental health.

I so needed that.

Thanks for getting me out.

Nice to meet your daughter as well.

• Thanks 1

Presently watching my best friend drive for Meecum Auction live on TV from Indy today.

He is the guy who always flashes the peace sign when they pan the camera to the interior

The first year he drove for them I blew up his phone as he was on the block and his Grateful dead ringtone could be heard clearly.

He called me up soon after "Dude don't do that you got me in trouble". What are best friends for!

We @Ceptormanshould go check it out tomorrow?

7 minutes ago, Davis said:

Presently watching my best friend drive for Meecum Auction live on TV from Indy today.

He is the guy who always flashes the peace sign when they pan the camera to the interior

The first year he drove for them I blew up his phone as he was on the block and his Grateful dead ringtone could be heard clearly.

He called me up soon after "Dude don't do that you got me in trouble". What are best friends for!

We @Ceptormanshould go check it out tomorrow?

I had fun at the track also. My daughter does like motorcycle racing, she told her Mom last night while I had the Nascar race on in the background that bike racing is much better than car racing. She says when she gets out of school, she wants a bike.....oh lord! Now I know how my parents felt years ago.

I'm watching the auction right now, some amazing deals. That 1978 Pace Car Vette for 14k! Since I missed work today, the world would end if I took tomorrow off. I'll be working all weekend. My days off are planned well in advance, or if the weather is bad. Are any of the local music venues open? I'm pretty sure the Rathskeller is. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Are any of the local music venues open? I'm pretty sure the Rathskeller is. 

Looks like the Jazz Kitchen is reopening in November.

It is my favorite place. I need some of their SATCHMO’S ETOUFEE

Speaking to the choir but yes, there is really something totally therapeutic about riding a bike, especially in an controlled environment. Am sure some in an out of quarintine would say the same. Body, mind and soul release. Much more reading here and I may find myself backin the saddle again. Cool...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

5 minutes ago, Davis said:

@CeptormanIndyCar is testing at the Speedway today and tomorrow.

Turn 2 mounds are open for viewing.

The wife and I attended five F1 races at Indy prior to the opening of Circuit of the Americas, yes it an awe inspiring place. Couldn’t believe how massive a complex it is on the first trip there. Approached from long back stretch during F1 practice and could believe the sounds I heard as they approached the first corner, downshifting from 200 mph.

And the best viewing was indeed from the mounds in the infield. Cars couldn’t have been more that 25 yards away. It was freaking incredible. Also attended one 500 and one MotoGp. Great times and worth the 500 mile drive - 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, richieb said:

The wife and I attended five F1 races at Indy prior to the opening of Circuit of the Americas, yes it an awe inspiring place. Couldn’t believe how massive a complex it is on the first trip there. Approached from long back stretch during F1 practice and could believe the sounds I heard as they approached the first corner, downshifting from 200 mph.

And the best viewing was indeed from the mounds in the infield. Cars couldn’t have been more that 25 yards away. It was freaking incredible. Also attended one 500 and one MotoGp. Great times and worth the 500 mile drive - 

With the financial situation at Circuit of the Americas and rumors of Roger Penske in talks with F1 we can cross our fingers here in Indy.

Also a 24 hour endurance sports car race is in the mix as well.