Cornwalls 4 or heresy 4

JoeJoeThe3rd

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JoeJoeThe3rd said:

How much space what I need or would be ideal for the Cornwall 4’s?

I don't know what would be ideal, but They will fill a large room and still sound fine in a small one. I don't have the 4 version, but have the 3 and there in a roughly in a 12 x 12 bedroom and sound really good. 

At one time they were in the living room which is 24' wide and 18' deep open to another 16" behind that. On the 24' wall they easily filled both areas roughly 24" w x 34' d.

And the 4 version does sound better, very nice speaker that will outlast you.

• Like 3

On 10/11/2020 at 1:56 AM, dtel said:

I don't know what would be ideal, but They will fill a large room and still sound fine in a small one. I don't have the 4 version, but have the 3 and there in a roughly in a 12 x 12 bedroom and sound really good. 

At one time they were in the living room which is 24' wide and 18' deep open to another 16" behind that. On the 24' wall they easily filled both areas roughly 24" w x 34' d.

And the 4 version does sound better, very nice speaker that will outlast you.

In a 12x12 room, how did you handle the room node peaks and dips below 100Hz?

I have the Heresy IIIs, in a ~12x12 setup within a 18x12 room (dual use), and raised off the floor about 15inches. Found that the front of the speakers need to be 9ft from the listening position for best sound. Any closer, and the driver/woofer alignment was off.

Been wanting to upgrade my Heresy IIIs, and thinking about the Cornwall IVs (since I am a former owner of Cornwall IIs), and can't convince myself they would fit in such a space.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jomanos said:

In a 12x12 room, how did you handle the room node peaks and dips below 100Hz?

I don't seem to have a problem but there is a bed and a little other furniture so that could be affecting it, it's not just an open room.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I don't seem to have a problem but there is a bed and a little other furniture so that could be affecting it, it's not just an open room.

Nothing like having a little space left over for people and furniture once the speakers are in place, right?😁

7 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

I think a CW IV would work in a small room. That said, I don't think you will get all the performance they are capable of in such a room. But 80% is still pretty good I guess.

To the OP, if you have a decent sized room, I vote Cornwall IV all the way.

Shakey

My room is about 13’ by 15’ with an 8’ hallway that extends to the bathroom and a weird open closet makes it a little wider on the right side of the room by about 2.5’ with 8 foot ceilings. My current setup in here is a pair of rf7iii rc64iii pair of rf52ii and a pair of rb51ii. Love my current system and the rf7iii and rc64iii but wanted to try something maybe a little bit more musically and let me current setup cover movies and have the cornwalls for music. Also using a parasound a31 to power the front sound stage. 

I would love to hear a pair in my room but suspect they would be too much. However, I hope to obtain a pair in the next couple years as a self retirement gift to see me out. When we pack it in and move down south a large listening/TV room will be a priority.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JoeJoeThe3rd said:

My room is about 13’ by 15’ with an 8’ hallway that extends to the bathroom and a weird open closet makes it a little wider on the right side of the room by about 2.5’ with 8 foot ceilings. My current setup in here is a pair of rf7iii rc64iii pair of rf52ii and a pair of rb51ii. Love my current system and the rf7iii and rc64iii but wanted to try something maybe a little bit more musically and let me current setup cover movies and have the cornwalls for music. Also using a parasound a31 to power the front sound stage. 

IMHO, H4's would be perfect in your room. I recently upgraded from H3's and bought B stock H4's for $2200 shipped. I use a subwoofer due to the size of my room. The H4's have the same tweeter and midrange horn as the CW4's. You really should listen to both and trust your ears.

12 hours ago, DTO said:

I’m in the minority. I was disappointed by the cw4s in a 10x15 room. But then again I was disappointed by cw3s. If you can place away from the wall I preferred forte iiis. 

Precisely why any potential buyer should listen first. Try to find a private owner of what you are interested in and go listen in their environment. One of the reasons I like Cory's setup is that when I went there to listen to his Jube's it was a real home theater setup and not a store front. When people are gone Cory enjoys sitting there and listening to what he has you listen too. Yes I know Cory is not strictly a private individual but he is set up that way.