MQA master quality files?

JoeJoeThe3rd

On 10/12/2020 at 9:34 PM, pbphoto said:

The Tidal app will do the first unfold for you.  Turn off "passthrough MQA" unless you have an MQA compatible DAC, which you don't.  If you do the first unfold in Tidal, then your Anthem should see an 88.2 or 96 PCM stream.  Read this a couple more times: https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005773698-Optimizing-HiFi

I’m confused how will the music play at 88 or 96hz when tidal is telling me to set it to 44100hz? I’m so confused. Why is it telling me to set it that low? Also why did you contradict yourself saying if I do the first unfold In tidal then I will see a 96hz steam but then you said the backward mqa stream becasue my system doesn’t support that will be slightly less than cd quality. God everyone on here confuses me. Are you saying I have to somehow figure out a way to do the first unfold with some type of program for master quality songs then I will see a higher hz stream? How do I do the first unfold?

E35F8C35-676B-4F6A-8FD5-75126B1A561C.jpeg

On 10/14/2020 at 1:20 AM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Your receiver doesn't support MQA, so once it leaves Tidal you're only playing PCM files. I'd stop worrying about MQA unless you want to put in the research and financial investment to acquire MQA supported equipment for the entire signal chain. Anything less than that level of effort will result in PCM conversion at some point, thereby defeating the entire purpose of MQA.

Ok so my system doesn’t support mqa so what quality should the sound that is coming out of my speakers be. My tidal steaming is telling me to set it to 44hz. Tho I already have it set to exclusive mode of whatever so it should change it for me but I guess it’s not. I’m so ducking confused. My computer usually sets it to 48hz but I usually go and set it at the max 24big 192hz. Is 44hz what my system should be playing at? I have it set to master quality but we already establish my system doesn’t support that I know, so is 44hz what it should be playing at and is that what I should aet it too? 

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

pick whatever sounds best to you. you seem hyperfocused on entirely the wrong things here.

Lol dude they all sound the same... you didn’t answer my question at all lol 🤦,  I’m not hyper focused it’s just hard to get a straight answer from people and an answer I can actually understand..😢. I just want to get the best quality out of my system that I can and programs I use. I wish people would be like here get this get that do this, that will make your system run perfect to how you want it but everyone always speaks in a foreign language to me and seems to answer every question except mine lol. It’s just me but lol. What things should I be focused on?

4 minutes ago, JoeJoeThe3rd said:

Lol dude they all sound the same...

Then stop worrying about settings and enjoy what you've got going. Sounds like you're squeezing out what you can with the gear you've got. The rest is just fiddling over inconsequential details.

I'd be much more willing to dive deep with you in person where we can see and hear everything in together, but over a forum with information gaps and 11 days between replies? This is as good as it's going to get.

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Then stop worrying about settings and enjoy what you've got going. Sounds like you're squeezing out what you can with the gear you've got. The rest is just fiddling over inconsequential details.

I'd be much more willing to dive deep with you in person where we can see and hear everything in together, but over a forum with information gaps and 11 days between replies? This is as good as it's going to get.

God yeah I wish I could find somebody in this area that could do that. That would be amazing. It’s really hard for me to read on a computer because of my head problem so I do what I can.