New Heresy 3s sold at dumping price, per unit

MeloManiac

Now that the Heresy 4 has been available for a while (and its price has slightly dropped), I've come to find a site (in Europe) where they sell the Heresy 3 at reduced price (around 780 euro per unit). It's the black, matte version. I'm mildly interested, but I wonder why they are being sold per unit, and of course, when you buy them, they will not have consecutive serial numbers. 

Any thoughts on this?

32 minutes ago, Panelhead said:

The mass wholesalers take a shipment of the discontinued product. They do not care if you want one, three, or a dozen. Shop from the pile. 

Price seems high. That is 1,750.00 or so for a pair. Maybe Europe pricing is higher, but that was MSRP here before H IV. 

HIII Matte black 780 euro per unit, 1540 euro for two. 

Walnut veneer is 1990 euro per pair here in Europe. 

7 hours ago, ILI said:

Now that the Heresy 4 has been available for a while (and its price has slightly dropped), I've come to find a site (in Europe) where they sell the Heresy 3 at reduced price (around 780 euro per unit). It's the black, matte version. I'm mildly interested, but I wonder why they are being sold per unit, and of course, when you buy them, they will not have consecutive serial numbers. 

Any thoughts on this?

any  B STOCK H3 -----?

6 minutes ago, ILI said:

Prices in Europe: Black matte H3 duo is 1,822 dollar, wall nut veneer pair is 2,355 dollar. 

H4 pair is 3,230 euro, or 3,821 dollar. 

Inquire into B stock  , speakers , you might get a much better deal , price wise , but they would have cosmetic issues

11 minutes ago, ILI said:

Prices in Europe: Black matte H3 duo is 1,822 dollar, wall nut veneer pair is 2,355 dollar. 

H3 duo  for 1822 dollars is a pretty good price , the conversion kit alone to transform a H2 into a H3 was 300$ per speaker/   shipping cost , was about 100$ -

26 minutes ago, ILI said:

Thanks, looking like no giveaway to me. The IV's look like a nice deal also.

Think calling the deals dumping is a bit severe. Has a bad connotation.

Bet most are consecutive, just like the IV's...

For what it's worth, I purchased a pair of Heresy III special edition matte black with consecutive serial numbers way back in early March of this year from an ebay seller for 1800 dollars. So there have been good deals available for some time now. I'm surprised they're not all gone by now.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 11:48 AM, Skelt said:

About 5 years ago I picked up Australian walnut H3s NIB for $1450.  I didn't need them but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Back in October 2016 Adorama had a weekend sale of a pair of new H3 in the stock finishes for $999.

My wife wasn't too happy about it but I could legitimately say I paid less than a grand for the pair.

Only regret was I got non-consecutive serial numbers (even numbered) and the Klipsch badge is on the left for both grills. For the cost savings, though, ain't going to complain.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 10:43 AM, RandyH000 said:

Inquire into B stock  , speakers , you might get a much better deal , price wise , but they would have cosmetic issues

I have owned two pairs of B stock speakers and found no cosmetic issues. They may have been customer returns etc. I have seen B stock for sale with physical damage too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone saying the prices are high in Europe - well, yeah, of course.

a) They're shipped over there from the USA in a big ol' container

b) There's a distributor in the middle who adds 30%

c) Extra costs for warranty have to be factored in - freight back and forth EU/USA etc

d) B-Stock anywhere else in the world aside from the USA is a minimum chance

• Like 1