Foods you crave when not feeling well, or just make you feel better.

juniper

2 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I have quit drinking coffee many times and feel great

I haven't drank coffee in 10 years - if I drink coffee now , it's  like drinking an Energy Drink -and regular juice now replaces coffee  -

18 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

I haven't drank coffee in 10 years - if I drink coffee now , it's  like drinking an Energy Drink -and regular juice now replaces coffee  -

Before you quit and when you smell it you crave it like crazy.  After you quit that goes away so it is definitely an addictive response. 

Get rid of the juice, it is just sugar water. 

56 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

freshly squeezed  fruit juice is water and sugar , Dang

Just eat the fruit.  I used to drink a lot of high pulp orange juice, loved it.  Now I just drink water. 

Fruit is full of fructose which can be harmful if if hits your system in large amounts.  Fruit is mostly fiber which greatly slows the absorption of the Fructose into your system and your liver.  In fact, a portion of the fructose can go into your intestines and feed the friendly bacteria in there rather than your liver. 

You remove the fiber by making juice and the fructose is absorbed quickly and hits your liver pretty hard.  It has esentially the same effect as alcohol on your liver. 

Here is a good video explaining how this affects you.

Hot and sour soup.  I have always judged Chinese restaurants by how good their hot and sour soup is.  When it is not quite there, i will add vinegar and more chiles or just a good hot sauce (of course you know the kind I'm talking about) to help it out.  A good hot and sour soup has helped cure me or recover countless times.  A mere wonton or egg drop soup won't do the job.

Like juniper though, a classic thai tom yum or tom kha works fairly well.

On 10/15/2020 at 7:31 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Just eat the fruit.  I used to drink a lot of high pulp orange juice, loved it.  Now I just drink water. 

Fruit is full of fructose which can be harmful if if hits your system in large amounts.  Fruit is mostly fiber which greatly slows the absorption of the Fructose into your system and your liver.  In fact, a portion of the fructose can go into your intestines and feed the friendly bacteria in there rather than your liver. 

You remove the fiber by making juice and the fructose is absorbed quickly and hits your liver pretty hard.  It has esentially the same effect as alcohol on your liver. 

Here is a good video explaining how this affects you.

what a Fantastic  Video ------very appreciated @tigerwoodKhorns

Not a joke, and a taste I learned to enjoy from my dad.

Fresh lime squeezed, cracked pepper and tabasco over bristling sardines, thinly slices onion and sliced aguacates. Best when paired with "Games" (Mexican) saltine crackers. If I'm feeling special I'll add fancy smoked baby oysters and sour pickles.

My wife initially thought I was crazy, as did both of our girls... but they've come to enjoy snacking on it and don't gross out or think it's as horrible as they once did.