Cornwall I questions

Jem02jr

New member and proud owner of an all original set of1981 Cornwalls.. Couple questions 1) don’t see any polarity markings on the terminal screws..negative Speaker wire left positive right or vise versa ?  2) cabinets in nice shape but would like to put a coat or two of tung oil or the like..any recommendations ? Thanks much !   Jim           

Hello, welcome to this forum! I believe You´ve still got the "old" terminals on wich you use just screws to tighten bare wire to the speakers, right? If so, look closely, on one side, where the screws go into the terminal, the plastic is colored red. This may be hard to see if the plastic is dusty ( As it is on my Heresy Es.).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jem02jr said:

New member and proud owner of an all original set of1981 Cornwalls.. Couple questions 1) don’t see any polarity markings on the terminal screws..negative Speaker wire left positive right or vise versa ?  2) cabinets in nice shape but would like to put a coat or two of tung oil or the like..any recommendations ? Thanks much !   Jim           

Just make sure you hook them both up the same way.  

What you should put on the cabinets is determined by what the factory finish is.  Post a pic of the wood and the label (label has veneer and finish info)

• Like 1

When i get back from work, i´ll post pictures of my terminals, let´s see if that helps...

Just found a picture in the forum:

https://community.klipsch.com/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-57692-0-47220000-1386724574.jpg

My terminals look just like this one, these on a Cornwall II, can You see the red mark on the upper post?