Mod Assistance requested Technical Data required for Spherex 5.1 Expansion Port (stuff like Pin Outs)

Hello Mods/Community Reps of Klipsh, Modders & Eccentrics

I apologize for the long read but if you are technically inclined you can just skip to #2 anyways I was hoping I could get in contact with a Mod/Rep who might be  able to provide developer side API/Spherex internal information about the Spherex 5.1's Expansion Port not documentation like manuals that were intended for customers. I'm looking for documentation like what each pins on the expansion port do, for example can I get confirmation that any of those pins function as inputs for I2S digital audio & I2C for digital control? 

1. Why would I want that?

The Spherex 5.1 has a TI DSP (something like the "TMS320C6713B") that takes in Dolby Digital & DTS etc over SPDIF decodes them into 6 channels of PCM digital audio & then send them to another chip the Apogge DDX8001 STA308A using Three I2S digital audio lines (or a another Audio Bus interconnect) & uses I2C (or another chip to chip interconnect protocol) so that the 2 chips can communicate instructions to each other. (Neil Davis at DIYAudio was a huge help in tracking down the info on Apogge DDX8001 STA308A)

Their were plans for some kind of Ethernet &/or USB host expansion that would have allowed the system to play audio files from the network & apparently that's what the play, pause etc buttons on the Spherex remote are for & for that to work the expansion unit would have had to do all the processing of MP3s/WMAs & the like as the Spherex 5.1 doesn't have anything that could browse Drives, Local Networks or load files.

2.All of the above is to establish a baseline just so that the “TL;DR:” can be understood:

TL;DR: For a Lan or other Multimedia Expansion to work said expansion would have to have it's own CPU & software to browse an Attached Hard Drive, Local Network, Internet Radio etc & simply send the decoded Audio to the "Base" Spherex 5.1 using Audio formats either the TI DSP &/or the  Apogge DDX8001 STA308A can Process which would be any of the following codecs PCM/DSD/AC3/DTS Audio over an interconnect like I2S.

*For the "Base" Spherex 5.1 remote to send control commands to that expansion unit, said Expansion Unit must be able to talk to the "Base" Spherex 5.1 unit using I2C (or another chip to chip interconnect protocol)

**for those Audio & separately the Control Commands to work the individual Pins on the Expansion Port must already be assigned to those functions I just want to know what each pin on the expansion port does.

***I’m confident the Expansion Port is not something like PCI, PCI Express or a Spherex Proprietary Bus because the "Base" Spherex 5.1 system doesn’t have any chips that could host or interact with such a Bus.
****If Necessary I’d be willing to sign an NDA to attain said documentation****