TI Class D Eval Amplifier Boards

ClaudeJ1

On 10/14/2020 at 9:05 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/texas-instruments/TAS5630PHD2EVM/2261921?s=N4IgjCBcpgbB0QGMoDMCGAbAzgUwDQgD2UA2iAMwUAMA7LACwgC6hADgC5QgDKHATgEsAdgHMQAX0IAmelFApIGHAWJlwAVgCc0jQA4W7LpF4CR4qeC16t85Gix5CJSOWqGQnbnyFjJhAFoNO0VlJzVXEHgPLxNJS2l1DlwAD3RsAAIRbAEAVwBbXGEOTKRMdMyAExYJIA

So those of us lucky enough to have purchased the prior generation of these excellent modules at 1/2 off the old list price of $150 direct from ($75 plus shipping) and using MeanWell 48 Volt Power supplies with them, have had a real bargain on our hands, since they have, what looks to be just a change in part number to justify the MUCH HIGHER PRICE!

I also got some steel cabinets to house mine, so I'd better get going on finishing these off for my basement system this winter! With a 100 db/Watt Tapped Horn "OThorn" sub and some Peavey/JBL/K402/DaveA LMAHL tweeters, this will be a killer "basement system" in my workout room in the basement. Big bang for buck indeed!

I bought two of these when you originally posted your review. I had planned on using them to drive the 402's but never got around to it. They are packed away somewhere................

22 hours ago, rmlowz said:

I had the same issue with cabling on BO. I ordered from China on the bay and was surprised it was here in three weeks

Rich

Hello Rich, hope you are doing well.  

I might need to do that if they don't ship by the end of the month from PE.  I have a set of 500watt B/O Mauro Audio and have power cables.  Might switch them out just to make sure the 1000ASP amps work.  I'll be quite annoyed after waiting so long and the amps are messed up.

Tempted to try one of the amps from China since I have a little set of B&W 606s in my office on a shelf and that will be a good little amp.  Right now running one of the Ti2020-020 amps from Amazon which actually sounds pretty darn good with them.