Short Throw Projector Recommendations

rockhound

I'm looking for a decent short throw projector to use as a "what's playing now" in my dedicated 2 channel listening room. The plan is to use this in close proximity to my front wall (1-3 feet) displaying what I'm currently listening to from the mac mini. I will on occasion watch concert videos via my oppo blu-ray player but this is mostly to display what is on the mac mini. I could get a TV or a monitor to do this but would rather have a small unobtrusive box that sites on top of my equipment rack. I would prefer 1080p quality max budget is 500.00.

Any recommendations? The signal path will be:

Projector

Mac Mini / Oppo

Schitt bifrost

Power Amp

Passive loudspeakers

How big of an image are you shooting for?  You will as you know be introducing fan noise into your room, so how loud it is, is something to look into.  They do make little pico projectors as well, if you want to go super unobtrusive and cute.😀

https://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Ultra-Portable-Projector-Built/dp/B078NCG82N/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=pico+projector&qid=1602772212&s=electronics&sr=1-9  

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

How big of an image are you shooting for?  You will as you know be introducing fan noise into your room, so how loud it is, is something to look into.  They do make little pico projectors as well, if you want to go super unobtrusive and cute.😀

https://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Ultra-Portable-Projector-Built/dp/B078NCG82N/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=pico+projector&qid=1602772212&s=electronics&sr=1-9  

65" at minimum. I had not thought about fan noise and that is a good point to remember, obviously minimal noise is preferred.

• Like 1