Really?

thebes

I guess all those know-it-alls want their music colored by some kind of fancy new tech or new tech-phrase.

How many pair of true responding Klipsch fully horn loaded plus great sounding amps could they get for that much?

I consider it big budget induced ignorance and I'd rather stick with what I have now than go their route!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thebes said:

from that thread:

"SO, do we assume a 40-50k speaker pair will go into a bespoke listening room???"

Bespoke? Isn't that a fancy word for bullshit?

one of  my clients has a + Million $ sound system  , speakers are like in the hundreds of thousands  -and no , it is not BS ,  its that good -?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

one of  my clients has a + Million $ sound system  , speakers are like in the hundreds of thousands  -and no , it is not BS ,  its that good -?

Anything is possible, mostly, though, it's just not probable.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Islander said:

Hearing is believing, right?

oh yeah , very special ,  Symphony Orchestra Directors who own some of the best audio gear available from Japan  , will  show up  to sample unique  recordings   -

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

oh yeah , very special ,  Symphony Orchestra Directors who own some of the best audio gear available from Japan  , will  show up  to sample unique  recordings   -

Very cool.  Did you ever have a chance to pop in one of your favourite CDs for a listen?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Islander said:

Very cool.  Did you ever have a chance to pop in one of your favourite CDs for a listen?

, yes , but the collection is re-mastered in a Studio  , that' s  the main difference , in 2020 , you need the  best audio recording and the best audio gear  as well as very well designed sound room  , but to put all these 3 together , and to be able to afford it , is for the Rich and Famous -

• Like 1

Hard to believe around here, but there just might be better sounding speakers than klipsch out there. And yes, some of them are rather expensive. If not better sounding, then at least different enough to be attractive to well heeled buyers.

How boring it would be if there were only one speaker technology.

Now I’m not, nor ever likely to be, a buyer of fifty thousand dollar speakers. But I’m glad that market exists for whomever those customers  are. A brand new pair of khorns may sound better than a lot of these speakers to you or I at a fraction of the price. But sound quality is not an objective thing. High performance (read: expensive) audio exists for a reason.

Shakey

• Like 3

Well if I had $$$$ to burn there are some extraordinary high dollar horn speakers I’d readily splurge on..... used, if I could find them. But honestly if I could blow this much cash on a stereo I’d just buy new product. New house. New car(s).....  etc. See Avantgarde-Acoustics for my new system.

I remember seeing a pair of speakers that cost more than my car being touted in another forum, CAM I think.

Anyway, it used some technologically superior medium for the cabinet and even came with it’s own torque wrench so you could periodically tighten your nuts to keep it at it’s optimum performance.

I asked if it came with a magnifying glass to aid in finding said nuts...

That’s when the thread went downhill.

13 hours ago, thebes said:

from that thread:

"SO, do we assume a 40-50k speaker pair will go into a bespoke listening room???"

Bespoke? Isn't that a fancy word for bullshit?

From a website mentioned in that thread:

EIDOLON, from the Platonic conception of idealized forms; the embodiment of perfection that exists beyond our plane of perception.

How's that for some rarified BS?

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 10:30 AM, wetowne said:

From a website mentioned in that thread:

EIDOLON, from the Platonic conception of idealized forms; the embodiment of perfection that exists beyond our plane of perception.

How's that for some rarified BS?

tried to read that link but nothing came up, I'll have to assume that it exists beyond my plane of perception.  :(

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 5:37 PM, thebes said:

Kind of narrow minded.  Like Al Bundy said about Wanker County, 'Its all relative.' 

I remember a friend of a friend got speakers that were $200 and he could not believe that they were that expensive. 

My vote is B&W Nautilus.  They should retain their value.