The Fives Turn Off Automatically

CRHarding

Hi all,

This was posted in a different section but there are some key differences. I got The Fives today and set them up and so far love the sound, incredibly clean, definitely a little bass heavy but I haven't spent any time mucking around with turning the bass eq off and so no complaints. I'm playing vinyl exclusively (rega planar 6) and after fifteen minutes or so the speakers power off. I turn the speakers back on and the music continues but, again, after fifteen minutes or so they shut off. This isn't an automatic standby issue (which is what the other post is about) because they shut off randomly while the music is still grooving.

I'd really like to keep these (returning in my neck of the woods is absolutely no fun, and I love the sound when they're working) so I'm hoping beyond hope there's some dial I have to adjust. I've dug through the docs and haven't seen anything about this and I've also not heard of anyone else experiencing this.

Thanks!

On 10/20/2020 at 2:27 PM, wuzzzer said:

Did you try what the manual suggests to turn off the automatic standby mode?  It couldn't hurt. 

I’ve read and re-read the manual and can’t find a thing about turning off the automatic standby. Mind sharing it? After some further testing that’s definitely the culprit. They play fine when connected via anything other than my turntable so maybe there’s something in there. 

9 hours ago, CRHarding said:

I’ve read and re-read the manual and can’t find a thing about turning off the automatic standby. Mind sharing it? After some further testing that’s definitely the culprit. They play fine when connected via anything other than my turntable so maybe there’s something in there. 

My apologies.  I was thinking of the R-41 and 51 which state how to do that.  Maybe you could try the same thing in your Five if you have the same buttons?

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-manuals/R-41PM-and-R-51PM-Manual-v04.pdf

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

My apologies.  I was thinking of the R-41 and 51 which state how to do that.  Maybe you could try the same thing in your Five if you have the same buttons?

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-manuals/R-41PM-and-R-51PM-Manual-v04.pdf

No worries, thanks! I'll give it a shot after work tonight.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Any luck figuring this one out? Same problem with vinyl and not with bluetooth with my Reference 28-PFs. The manual does not mention anything about auto stand-by, but I tried what the other manuals posted said, the lights did seem to respond, but still no solution...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed the Fives turn off randomly(i haven’t timed the intervals) when piping audio into them over HDMI(eARC).

I updated the firmware and app yesterday, and I just turned off “Auto Power” from the app. Hope that fixes the issue.

Edited by Hawkeye_a

• 8 months later...

To turn off the automatic shutoff of The Fives you need to download the new Klipsch Connect app for your phone. Once you have the app and connect your speakers you will see the setting under Settings, "Auto-Power" Switch that feature to off and you will have a better experience with speakers that turn off randomly.

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2021 at 10:18 PM, Hawkeye_a said:

I noticed the Fives turn off randomly(i haven’t timed the intervals) when piping audio into them over HDMI(eARC).

I updated the firmware and app yesterday, and I just turned off “Auto Power” from the app. Hope that fixes the issue.

Did that fix the issue?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had the issue of my new Klipsch speakers turning off (with both Bluetooth connection and with AUX cable when I switched to that) so I downloaded the Connect app on my phone. I found the toggle for turning off the auto standby function, turned it off -- and now I have no sound at all, no matter the input source. HELP!!!! 

• 6 months later...
On 6/1/2023 at 3:54 PM, Marty006 said:

I had the issue of my new Klipsch speakers turning off (with both Bluetooth connection and with AUX cable when I switched to that) so I downloaded the Connect app on my phone. I found the toggle for turning off the auto standby function, turned it off -- and now I have no sound at all, no matter the input source. HELP!!!! 

contact klipsch tech support