A Walk Down Memory Lane

henry4841

Thank you for posting this.  It does bring back memories.  Where did you locate it?  Are there more like this available?

There were several duplicate pages which threw off the numbering.  An ad from Klipsch & Associates is on page 190 of the magazine, which due to the redundant pages is at page 197 of 215 of the link.

What is an inflation adjustment from 1957 to 2020?  Even without a specific multiplier, those 1957 prices seem high.  For example, $525 for a Sony Superscope R2R was a lot of money in 1957.

I would have a hard time finding where I located this file. I do it all the time, look for a file I saw online and trying to find it again. I found it very interesting myself being a child of the 60's and 70's and waiting for all the rags new issues to come out. I still have some of them now but most got lost in moves and etc. What was impressive to me was in 1957 there was 215 pages. That changed in the 60's and 70's to less and less pages and price increases. There was a market way back them for diy'ers to buy and assemble kits which has virtually vanished now. One can still find kits from China but very few in the USA. I remember building a television kit and multiple meters and pre-amplifiers. Now I build mostly from just a schematic. Equipment kits are one thing that has vanished. The kits from that era bring premium prices on Ebay now. 

Thanks for sharing, a lot of info in those pages. I could spend all day reading that, but I have outdoor chores to do.

A couple things I noticed...

EV sure had a large presence in loudspeakers, they look great.

Most of those companies were based on the east coast, mostly New York.

Some of those prices seemed high for 67 years ago.

Must have been a turntable war going on.

• Like 1