Mcintosh MA5100 - needs repair

avguytx

First off, this amp will need repairing as it won't power on and pops a fuse when you put one in and power it on. I was going to take it to Durham's Electronics in Little Rock and have Chris (long time tech from Custom Audio back in the day) but I don't think I'm going to get around to it ever. So, I'm just going to sell it and let someone else enjoy it after it's brought back up to specs. If you made it here, you probably already know about this amp so I won't bore you with long details or copy/paste a bunch of crap to fill space. It's 45 watts per channel @ 8-ohm and was first built in 1966 thus the reason that it needs to be gone through. Even if it was functional, it would still need to go to a tech for checkout.

It does have a bubble in the glass on the left side but these can be replaced, or, lived with. Personal choice.

Asking $550 cash only with local pickup in Searcy, AR. I really don't want to have to ship this but I can...just count on it being kind of pricey since rates have gone up some plus finding/purchasing good packaging material for a SAFE delivery. I would be glad to drive a "reasonable" distance if someone is interested.

Thanks for looking. 

Mac1.jpg

Mac2.jpg

Mac3.jpg

Mac4.jpg

Mac5.jpg

Mac6.jpg

Mac7.jpg

Mac8.jpg